Mercer County Park Conditions

TAS

The "Brush Hog" was employed yesterday on the Red trail between the tennis center towards the East Picnic area.
The short Red trail section was hand clipped.
Big thanks to Al. He had all the fun with the "hog" and I clipped.

Blue trail along there lake and The Grail Trail are next in the lineup.

TAS

Big Al

The "Brush Hog" was employed yesterday on the Red trail between the tennis center towards the East Picnic area.
The short Red trail section was hand clipped.
Big thanks to Al. He had all the fun with the "hog" and I clipped.

Blue trail along there lake and The Grail Trail are next in the lineup.

TAS

You will notice a big difference riding these sections. 😁
IMG_20210528_134557.jpg
IMG_20210528_153945.jpg

TAS

Yesterday Mick & I did a short TM and ran the Hog in Van Nest near the parking area. We also cleared the low tree next to the creek. Orange trail is getting really tight in a few spots along the creek I plan to get in there with my string trimmer some time this week.

TAS

TAS

Rode entire park yesterday Nice! Trimmed areas are holding up nicely. FYI there are a few trees down. On Red Trail along the lake past the timing stand going East towards the tennis center. Another on Red (West picnic side) between the BMX pit and paved path near the lake. I'll see if I can get in there with a saw and remove them during the week.

Reminder: We have TM this weekend. Meet at the marina Saturday @ 9AM

TAS

TAS

I walked the trails... The south side of the park is well drained with the exception of a few spots in Van Nest.
No puddles or mud where I had walked.

TAS

TAS

A few trees are down on Red trail near the BMX pit area . Will get after them during the week.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_dde.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_dde.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 105
  • fullsizeoutput_ddc.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_ddc.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 102
  • fullsizeoutput_ddb.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_ddb.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 104

TAS

Did a recon walk today to check on the bridges and water levels. The park needs a few days to really dry out for trail riding.
Trails south of the lake are OK, except for Van Nest.
Blue trail out of East Picnic area is flooded at the creek crossing. Both bridges are floating but remain in place thanks to the anchoring we did earlier.
Red Trail loop along the creek is flooded. The bridge closest to the paved path is floating but should settle in place when the water recedes. The second bridge is in place, but flooded. Same goes for the third bridge.

The three bridges on Blue North near Conovor road are all OK.

Van Nest: Orange trail is flooded along the creek. The small bridge has floated away and will need to be hauled back and repositioned

TAS

Attachments

• DSCN2687.JPG
    DSCN2687.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCN2688.JPG
    DSCN2688.JPG
    171 KB · Views: 105
  • DSCN2692.JPG
    DSCN2692.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 107
  • DSCN2693.JPG
    DSCN2693.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 106
  • DSCN2694.JPG
    DSCN2694.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCN2695.JPG
    DSCN2695.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 107
  • DSCN2689.JPG
    DSCN2689.JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 100

TAS

Mick & I rescued the small bridge over in VanNest this morning. We used ropes and pulled it to the trail crossing. The water was still too high to reposition it so we pulled one end onto the bank and tied it to a tree.
More storms/flooding possible this weekend. Hopefully it will be there when the creek finally recedes!

TAS

Attachments

• DSCN2696.JPG
    DSCN2696.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCN2694.JPG
    DSCN2694.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1674.jpg
    IMG_1674.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1675.jpg
    IMG_1675.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 101

hagerfoot

Went out for a recon this morning.

Trees down. And bridge out in Van Nest. See pic locations on Strava
Also hub deep puddle behind tennis center and another tree down near bottom of MCP Slalom. Still sandy.

Otherwise trails surfaces are okay…if you’re not looking for KOM or PR. Mostly packed and still (damp) sandy. Pax twist is wet in usual spots.

Anybody take a ride today to check conditions? I did a drive by to the Marina....the walkway to the gazebo is partially underwater...hoping things aren't too bad in the Van Nest....still recovering from bike accident at Six...but I did get a little single track medicine at Mercer this past weekend.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions