McDowell property

Status
Not open for further replies.
As @Frank mentions, I was with him on that crossbow ride. It was October 2015. I still have our Strava track. The encounter took place at the spot I’ve circled in red using the heat map provided earlier. We entered from 18th Ave and got no more than about 1/4 mile in when Hawkeye confronted us. We had no idea if we were in State or private land so we beat a hasty retreat.
View attachment 147081
That's West 18th land owned by the Mc Dowell's, jr passed fairly recently 5 years or less.
Possibly a rabid hunter any mouth froth?

@Mitch why didn't we go check this out on Tuesday? "Get assaulted by an angry man with a crossbow" is the only thing left on my 2020 Bingo card.
Well believe it or not that was the only trail I skipped. White Mail Box.
We were short on time and its just a straight fire cut.

This has to be the most derailed thread ever. OP says Boo and we have 50 different stories.

Only thing missing here is a War and Peace post from @1speed

Well believe it or not that was the only trail I skipped. White Mail Box.
We were short on time and its just a straight fire cut.

This has to be the most derailed thread ever. OP says Boo and we have 50 different stories.

Only thing missing here is a War and Peace post from @1speed
Can I use this thread to discuss the time I saw a guy on a BMW street bike doing the sand climb up to the power lines?

Locked until @Stash messages me.
Which will remain private.

one person with a warning, two people with real stories,
additional actual background, an attempt to keep the peace
(there are tracks through the private property)

hell i'm throwing gas on it cause i'd like it not to happen again,
and if someone makes a mistake and ends up in there (i'm assuming on actual private property)
it isn't so confrontational.

on the other hand, @Stash could have stepped in a bear trap, or wandered into someone's pot field.

Last edited:
Just to close this up - I chatted with @Stash -

Encounter was on the private property, post sale - "they" are watching for trespassers. It wasn't violent,
and it wasn't the homeowner/caretaker. Just respect the private parts. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions