Local Bike Shop Questions

heythorp said:
Man, there you go again breaking bike parts in your garage. Amazing purely amazing what happens to your bike under a roof.

you really are a wise @ss - KEEP THE THREAD ON TOPIC!!!!

:duh: :topic: :blah: :D

Roses are read

Violets are blue

This post is off topic

And so is glue

I am in central NJ.. and yes people from North, South And Central NJ are weird

anrothar said:
us hill folk don't know about them bridges into the big city.

you and your hill folk, huh?

1647434~The-Hills-Have-Eyes-Posters.jpg

So back on orignal topic i go...

I have been working on this database for a new point of sale system for a few weeks now and today I decided that I would either make some serious progress or give up.

I made no progress.

I am in a race against time right now since in about 10 weeks the store will be so busy that I won't have a second to deal with this crap.

Anybody want to puchase a very slightly used POS system?

I am not sure if i am kidding

Jeez, I figured when you put "POS" and "Microsoft" in the same sentence, the POS stood for Piece Of Shit.

normZurawski said:
Jeez, I figured when you put "POS" and "Microsoft" in the same sentence, the POS stood for Piece Of Shit.

It does.

They didn't design it, they bought it from someone else.

I just sent them a e-mail telling them that I want a refund.

i'm confused. in my world Point Of Sale means something completely different (as in some kind of literature or piece, possibly a retail display anchor (RDA) that specifically draws attention to the product).

what exactly is this database supposed to do? i don't know much about data input, but 10 weeks seems like plenty of time to plug everything in...especially if it were something that would make my shop or business that much more efficient.

bonefishjake said:
i'm confused. in my world Point Of Sale means something completely different (as in some kind of literature or piece, possibly a retail display anchor (RDA) that specifically draws attention to the product).

what exactly is this database supposed to do? i don't know much about data input, but 10 weeks seems like plenty of time to plug everything in...especially if it were something that would make my shop or business that much more efficient.

Jake POS does have 2 meanins,

1. what you are fimilar with, the card board life size stand up of the foot ball player next to the 36 pack of cans..

2. the POS system which reatailers actually ring sales through. ie cash registar. Its just a much more evolved registar.

10 weeks would be fine if things were as slow as they should be. For some reason kids want bikes for X-mas this year. That nintendo WE must be sold out everywhere.

The database is a collection of information about every part, bike, innertube, spoke that a shop might sell.

I quicky realized that 50,000 sku's wasn't unreasonable.

yuk

heythorp said:
1. what you are fimilar with, the card board life size stand up of the foot ball player next to the 36 pack of cans..

Tom Brady is just so DREAMY!

rt 15 was always slamming around christmas time. we would be pushing out upwards of 20+ bikes a day on the weekends leading up to the holiday. the whole season was run ten percent off bikes automatically. the week or two after were always fantastic. almost no repairs, no bikes to be checked over, the selection on the floor would be even a little thin, but it didn't matter. it was like the big exhale. i'm sure it's the same way still, but i generally avoid the place a bit because of the hectic atmosphere this time of year.

Well 30 seconds of that was just about enough. Man, youtube really has everything.

Back
Top Bottom