Local Bike Shop Questions

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
anrothar said:
rt 15 was always slamming around christmas time. we would be pushing out upwards of 20+ bikes a day on the weekends leading up to the holiday. the whole season was run ten percent off bikes automatically. the week or two after were always fantastic. almost no repairs, no bikes to be checked over, the selection on the floor would be even a little thin, but it didn't matter. it was like the big exhale. i'm sure it's the same way still, but i generally avoid the place a bit because of the hectic atmosphere this time of year.

We have never been too busy for X-mas.

Most regular customers who ride a lot don't need a thing for x-mas. I often see the wives of guys I know who ride a ton with no clue what to get them.

The only x-mas bikes are kids bikes. We sell a ton of gift certificates for adult bikes but few are surprises as I hate to sell surprise bikes.

My town is building a skate park so I hope to see some growth in kids bikes but for now I really don't count on x-mas.

Today being the first really cold day brought out some cold follks looking for warm gloves and hats.

Strangely I was talking with my Pearl izumi rep about Fall 2008 already... Time flys by.

I also told the POS supplier that I was bagging the system.

Top Bottom