Last Cross race tomorrow ...

big thanks to jim and fred for yelling their lungs out during the cat 4 race, cheering always helps. though at one point on the first lap i got a bit distracted and managed to not see the turn off of the pavement, up the side of the hill, before the runup, where i managed to lock up both brakes and slide sideways for what seemed like an eternity...at least i didnt fall haha.

I saw when that happened. I was thinking damn! Hes killing it! Then I was like:scared:

Yesterday was cx race number two for me. The course was great with the run up and the downhill drop off. I have to thank Larry Towner for the tires he sold me. I think they made a big difference. I use my cx bike on the road and the tires it came with are getting nice and smooth. Yesterday I could see people sideslipping through turns, going the same speed as me, and I felt like I still had traction. I need to practice the whole cross thing a bunch, but I'll be back.

Photos

Seamen: Couldnt find sketchy cross guys friend tho. :confused:

432887766_Zvz3H-L.jpg

432837058_sPrti-L.jpg

432782528_o33Sf-L.jpg

432816055_T6dNg-L.jpg

432846231_LEp9v-L.jpg

What a fun time. I had been off the bike since Turkey day with a sprained knee so i was just happy to be on the bike at all. I had a super start and I was feeling really good. I was sitting in the mix of the top 8 or so when I did the bone head move of running into a pothole on the paved section.

I smashed the hell out of the rear wheel and ripped the shit out of the tire.

I ran /rode on the rim for the next 1/2 lap. I considered quitting but for some reason i kept riding. I saw Jim V and I asked if I could steal his wheel. He ran alongside me to the pit and gave me his wheel. (YEAH! JIM!!!)

After that I was in dead last place. Seeing how I was there for fun at that point I decided to go for it. I managed to gain back a few spots but more than anything I just had a good time.

Jim suffered he same fate in his race too.. wtf!

The layout was super solid on this course. Great spectator race too!

I can honestly saw that while I am no super hero rider, i am having more fun cross racing than I ever did on a mt bike. I have been given a reason to train and loose a few lbs next summer. (unless they start a Clydesdale class c'mon already!!)

I have made some new friends and I am basically laughing while riding at least a few times every race.

What really speaks to how fun this is comes the weird fact that I haven't been snowboarding yet. Now that is crazy talk!

Yeah to Fred for moving up and doing super.

Here is my Clydesdale image:

432775384_nzWyA-L.jpg

Yeah sons, leave SCGF alone. So what if he's got 3 rings, it's not any better or worse than Aaron having a singlespeed. At least they're out there giving 'cross a shot:D

-Jim.

Yeah jeez, I have a triple on my road bike. Does that mean you guys laugh at me when I'm not looking? (and when I am?)

Yeah jeez, I have a triple on my road bike. Does that mean you guys laugh at me when I'm not looking? (and when I am?)

On your ROAD bike? Why would we NOT laugh at you? Most of the girls and 60 year-old men that come into the shop don't even run triples!! Oh wait. Did you set this up so we all yell at you and get the cross forum closed? To quote Admiral Ackbar "It's a trap!!":D

-Jim.

Yeah sons, leave SCGF alone. So what if he's got 3 rings, it's not any better or worse than Aaron having a singlespeed. At least they're out there giving 'cross a shot:D

-Jim.

hey now, one speed is all i need!

i like to race, i never said i like to win!

It was more of a show of support. I hate to see someone have to stop to set their chain. As for Norm and his triple...well...

Keep rockin that SS Aaron!

C'mon guys back off ole' Sketch, So what if he's sportin the triple. Where's the love? What he does need to loose is the Kmart sunglasses!
SO much love. They're prescription Ray Bans. :rolleyes:

I considered ditching the triple but since it bothers everyone so much, it stays! :D

Well, yeah. But in an amount only equal to that of when you are looking.

SO much love. They're prescription Ray Bans. :rolleyes:

I considered ditching the triple but since it bothers everyone so much, it stays! :D

I actually used to have the Aviator model when I rode....a couple a few years back.
Started hurting the bridge of the nose though...Oakleys are little lighter, perscription too...

You all did a great job, sorry I missed it, great pics too..

Second on the prescription Oakleys. I rock the new Flak Jackets. They've changed my life, well on the bike at least!! I like them because they have no lower frame and wrap around pretty far so I can see when someone's trying to get by me:D

Peep 'em.

427999284_DAAbb-M.jpg

Also, Fred Brown and Chris Esnes also rock them, just not in prescription. Check them out.

-Jim.

flak jacket

Just because you rockstars sport them and that they also make it in "asian fit", that doesn't mean I'll wear them :p

Don't overlook the Radar which will give you a little more coverage.

I was looking at Jim's glasses the other day and they are so thick that we can use them to burn some ants on the sidewalk if the sun ever comes out.

Back
Top Bottom