Kingdom Trails trail closures

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Might have to check it out.

My thoughts are that a Vermont trip now might be getting a house strategically placed between a handful of parks. Then you can do a series of day trips. Ascutney itself is worth at least 2 days. KT still has a lot. Millstone. Green Mountain. And I’m sure 8 that I’m missing.

roc

My thoughts are that a Vermont trip now might be getting a house strategically placed between a handful of parks. Then you can do a series of day trips. Ascutney itself is worth at least 2 days. KT still has a lot. Millstone. Green Mountain. And I’m sure 8 that I’m missing.
while Kingdom is awesome, for someone like me, who can’t ride 30 miles comfortably, a place near killington is awesome. Ride for 3-4 hours and then maybe golf or swim. My longest MTB ride is about 25 miles at millstone and the last several miles were exhaustion. Even though millstone Is over an hour from the Killington, since incan only ride for a few hours, I still have plenty of daylight left after the car ride.

pygmypony

posted today by the Bike Snob on outside online...

https://www.outsideonline.com/2407740/mountain-biker-behavior-trail-access

1578947291231.png

my brief takeaway...
* access to trails is a privilege, not a right
* be courteous and yield to other trail users

it saddens me that, yet again, it seems a few bad apples have spoiled the bunch...

upon reflection, it's very likely that the same person who would ride an MTB and yell at someone on a horse to get out of the way, is also the same person who...talks on the quiet car, walks down the sidewalk while looking at their cellphone, rides the shoulder on the highway to cut in front of traffic, cheats on their taxes, etc etc...

that's a tough thing for any group of concerned users to ever overcome...sorry, just venting i guess...

pygmypony

a few more reflections...

* it's possible (possible) that this is posturing on behalf of the concerned owners, to "send a message" to the MTB community to improve our behavior or suffer the consequences
* it feels doubtful that this is some sort of greedy money grab based upon the conversation the author had with one darling hill land owner (who isn't pulling access by the way)

anyways...an interesting read, and something that applies to everywhere we ride...and, in fact, just everyday life!

Captain Brainstorm

So just got back from VT (skiing was really good), and according to some folks in the know, things aren't looking as optimistic as I had hoped. Apparently, one of the horses was struck by said asshole rider, and the land-owners are way more pissed than the reports are letting on.

Top Bottom