Kingdom Trails trail closures

Is it well known that this all private land?
absolutely, from the booklet that you get with a pass
HI_CARD12182019.jpg

Not a replacement for KT, but I spent a week in Bellingham WA this Aug.

For the effort it takes to get to northern VT, i'll be heading back to Bellingham first.

There are endless trails and in a week of riding we never repeated a trail.
1576711669449.png

sounds like watchung reservation in 1990.

keep telling the equestrians to FO - you think a bike costs a lot......

I'm wondering if part of the issue is that if people pay for something, they are expecting to get some "service" or be able to be ***holes? I'm a little confused though, if the money doesn't go to the landowners, who does it go to?

I'm wondering if part of the issue is that if people pay for something, they are expecting to get some "service" or be able to be ***holes? I'm a little confused though, if the money doesn't go to the landowners, who does it go to?
I believe they have a full time trail building/maintenance crew.

well, even if the landowner were getting paid...how do you think it would end if you were to tell your landlord to f**k off?

I think that is the root of the issues....those <10% of a**hole riders that say FU to landowners can ruin it all for the 90% who are respectable. All of us on this forum ride together, in some sort of fashion - be it group rides or smaller circles - and we all respect the trails and other users. It's the 1% that screws us - and we saw it first hand from that douche who randomly joined up with the huge MTBNJ CR ride a month ago and challenged to fight the group.

Why does MTB’ing attract so many douch bags and dicks? We see it around here and with the amount of riders that show up @ KT’s, one can expect to encounter many.

It seems other activities have smaller user groups and these people have little impact. However in this particular example, it is this specific user group that seems to be at the heart of the matter. It’s not about the dollar and cents.

The KTA has done a great job in getting people to come out and visit. Now they need to do a better job in making sure there is peace between the user groups and land owners. The land owners have little vested interest in people riding bikes, but the business owners have a totally different perspective on the increase in traffic.

Now that KT’s demonstrated it can attract people from all over, don’t be surprised to see them come back with something even better. It’ll be different, but just as good.

I think that is the root of the issues....those <10% of a**hole riders that say FU to landowners can ruin it all for the 90% who are respectable. All of us on this forum ride together, in some sort of fashion - be it group rides or smaller circles - and we all respect the trails and other users. It's the 1% that screws us - and we saw it first hand from that douche who randomly joined up with the huge MTBNJ CR ride a month ago and challenged to fight the group.
Wait, what?!? How did I miss this? Was this like a battle royale from the '80s?

Wait, what?!? How did I miss this? Was this like a battle royale from the '80s?

umm, not exactly, ask me about it in person next time i see you ill fill you in.

Kinda sorta, thought he was KOM of all trails. Turned out he was the laughing stock of group

yea this pretty much sums it up in one sentance.

btw, he showed up on @Patrick flyby video, laughing stock status confirmed by strava data

Back
Top Bottom