JORBA Trail Maint. Dates 07

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
RVCC/Jorba has some Ad-Hoc Trail Maintenance days added into this weekend for anyone interested.

At : Ramapo Mountain State Forest (gravel lot on top of Skyline Dr)
Cannonball Trail

April 6, Friday - 9:00 a.m.

April 7, Saturday - 8:30 a.m.

Bring water, snacks and work gloves. Tools will be provided.

:)

The Rose

Does anyone do anything at Clayton Park? Trails are pretty nice there, must have someone maintaining them.

Frank

Sasquatch
Does anyone do anything at Clayton Park? Trails are pretty nice there, must have someone maintaining them.

That's handled by the Monmouth Cty. Park System. If you would like to join the ranks of the VIP (Volunteers in parks) program please reach out to Susan Walsh at 732-842-4000 ext 4283

D

DANSPANK

Sorry, I won't be able to make Sourlands - I'm doing the 5 Borough Bike Ride on Sunday...

J-Dro

Sourland pics

Here's a couple of shots from today's TM at the Sourlands. I didn't take any "before" pics unfortunately, but these areas that we cobblestoned were deep mud pits. The water is diverted to the lower side of the trail into a trench that empties into a creek. There was much more work here done then I photographed. We had a crew of 7 bikers and 4 hikers. Good stuff.

A few of us hung around for a ride afterwards in the rocky playground called Boulderama. Damian nails a 3.5' drop. Bob A. takes the roll down option. Great fun with a good crew.

Attachments

• 0506071120.JPG
    0506071120.JPG
    251.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 0506071227.JPG
    0506071227.JPG
    272.7 KB · Views: 18
  • damian.JPG
    damian.JPG
    323.3 KB · Views: 20
  • bob_a.JPG
    bob_a.JPG
    286.9 KB · Views: 27

J-Dro

jeff - nice pics, and good work. you were out there despite the lyme's disease?

My wife has a theory that whenever you are sick, no matter what the cause or symptom, the answer is maximum rest. My theory is, whenever I'm sick, I take the medication as prescribed but like to keep busy to keep my mind occupied. So I layered up to keep out of the sun (one of the side effects of the AB) and headed out. The ride was pretty short (only about 9 miles) but Sourlands miles are pretty tough. I'll admit that I'm pretty knackered right now.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good job Jeff. Aren't 9 Sourlands miles like 18 most other places?

ArmyOfNone

nice work guys!

How were the trail conditions overall. I need to make a trip over there, its been a while.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
WVP/Chimney Rock TM Sat 5-19 9am

HELP WANTED - Trail Maintenance

Saturday 5-19-07 @ Washington Valley Park 9.00am – 1.00pm

Meet in Newman’s Lane parking lot

We are planning on cleaning up/re-opening the trail that runs along Vosseller Ave.

http://www.somersetcountyparks.org/brochFlyers/VPP_bulletin0207.pdf

Also mark your calendars for Saturday June 2nd as we need as many volunteers as possible for National Trails Days @ WVP. This is the 1st time Somerset County is holding the NTD at this park & we want a good showing of mountain bikes at this event. We have lots of projects planned.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hmm this Saturday is a stretch but I'd really like to try and make the June 2 gig.

Kirt - are you talking about that trail that we rode down with Gary & JimG a few years ago that we ended up in the middle of pricker bushes and basically bushwhacking out to the road?

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hmm this Saturday is a stretch but I'd really like to try and make the June 2 gig.

Kirt - are you talking about that trail that we rode down with Gary & JimG a few years ago that we ended up in the middle of pricker bushes and basically bushwhacking out to the road?

That's the one. It would add a nice little loop to the mix. I rode/walked it back in Feb & it wasn't to bad & the rangers want it to be used.
Put the 2nd on your calendar, we are going to need lots of help (installing boardwalks).

Top Bottom