jamesburg

I will meet you guys at the park. I hope it's not freezing cuz I really don't feel like riding over there and standing around in my sweaty spandex.

We'll just have to go with the occasional group hug to keep you warm.... :D

OK, cool. I am just going to ride straight down Bordentown Ave. into Jamesburg. We'll set a meeting time as we get closer.

Bud lights OK?:D

You will be passing right by my house. Do you want to meet up and ride over together? I am on Main Street in Spotswood (now all of MTBNJ can come over and play).

Well I guess since I will literally be riding right past your home feel free to hop on. We can make some plans as we get closer to sunday.

Are you guys (and Mare) still heading to Thompson Park tomorrow? I just drove through the park to see the course and it looks awesome! I can't wait to see some riders on it tomorrow. I'll probably get there before 9am. If I ride my bike, I'm on a blue Trek. If not, I'm on the shorter side, have brown hair that's usually in a ponytail...name's Katie. Give a shout if you see me since I've only met Mare. : )

feel free to say hello. I will be on a black Cannondale road bike and I WONT be wearing spandex:) As far as I know, the group that has been active in this thread is still all going tomorrow, plus some.

Please save hugs for me when I finish suffering! :D

I always have hugs for you Freddie!! Black and White cookie on me if you win tomorrow! :getsome:

Yes, we are heading over in the morning by road bike.

We are leaving from Woodlot park in South Brunswick (New road near rt.1) at 7:45 am. So far its Spencer (on his spanking new Cannondale SS/Fixie), Warcricket, ThanmanManny and me. We are meeting up with Walter and Mare at the park. Anyone who wants to join us for the ride over is welcome. I'll be on a Black Six 13, bald head and mini pork chop sideburns. :getsome:

Last edited:
Today was a fun day! We had lots of fun goofing off watching the races.

We even offered very insightful coaching advise to the racers. You know, stuff most racers pay coaches big money for. Stuff like "ride faster than the guy in front of you and you'll pass him!" or "Left turn ahead!". One of my personal favorites was from Fred. After a rider took a spill next to us, Fred told him "Your not supposed to do that!!". Its a good thing we were there.... :D

Some photos from today.

Here is a photo of Fred taking a photo of ChrisG. Fred ofered Chris some good avise just before this shot, I believe it was "Pedal this way!". :)
DSCN2993.jpg

ChrisG in the turns.
DSCN2981.jpg

ChrisG hitting the finish line.
DSCN2995.jpg

Jim V. from a distance. For some reason my camera zoomed out when I took this shot... :hmmm:
DSCN2997.jpg

Cant wait for Mercer next weekend.

Last edited:
What a Hoot!

Today was sooo much fun! Thanks so much to everyone who came out even though they werent racing. I felt like I had my very own cheering section. But as always in cross it is much better to watch everyone else suffer. :D:D YOU GUYS ROCK!

Good times today, I liked as we were screaming for ChrisG that woman turned around and looked at us like we were a bunch of lunatics. A lot of fun today, good to see everyone.

Black and White cookie on me if you win tomorrow!

I still wish we got the group shot with the cookie :( Fred, you will just have to win another cookie so we can try again.

Wobbegong said:
I'll be on a Black Six 13, bald head and mini pork chop sideburns. :getsome:

...the one with the mini pork chop sideburns and pulled pork sandwich.

I love the recap of all the advice. Good job guys! Next race, I want you there cheering me on :)

Good times today, I liked as we were screaming for ChrisG that woman turned around and looked at us like we were a bunch of lunatics. A lot of fun today, good to see everyone.

She was probably just upset cuz you guys inadvertently made fun of her husband.

Boy, was that fun...

Good times today in the Burg. I got to the line late, unknowingly staged with the 55+ group, watched momentarily in consternation as my race started without me, and then pedaled my ass off. Great course, great weather, and a little mud to add to the fun.

Best of all was the great cheering section. I can't emphasize enough how incredible it was to have so many friends hollering their brains out at me. You people frigging rule.

My parents and brother came to check out their first CX race, and my brother was really impressed with the sense of community we have in our scene.

See you next week.:D

Back
Top Bottom