Is strava going from suck to blow?

I upgraded yesterday to strava premium for the first time. Did so with some anger over not being able to see leaderboards anymore (or even click my own previous segment routes), but I'm good with it now. 2 month free trial and then I'll just go month to month for $8 a month. Not sure it'll rival the $10 a month I spend on spotify for value and use, but I'm hoping it'll kick my ass a little to ride and run more.

I upgraded yesterday to strava premium for the first time. Did so with some anger over not being able to see leaderboards anymore (or even click my own previous segment routes), but I'm good with it now. 2 month free trial and then I'll just go month to month for $8 a month. Not sure it'll rival the $10 a month I spend on spotify for value and use, but I'm hoping it'll kick my ass a little to ride and run more.
Why not just do the $59.99 a year?
you save $36 a year, that’s like almost the price of a tire...

Reactions: Tim
Balanced...
F3C4E1E9-34B7-4F8C-A1CE-B898FAC6A516.jpeg

I don't even want to know when I lose one of my cheesy KOMs. Better off just not knowing/caring. Really don't want to know about local legend status.

Throughout the pandemic, I've been riding a lot more on the road, partly because I don't currently have my Moots but also partly because my wife got an e-bike back in May and I've been mapping out routes the two of us can ride together (she has no interest in riding in any areas with any kind of traffic.) She also just started using Strava, so she is very excited about any notifications she gets. A week or two ago, she took the Local Legend status on a road near us. I'm not super aware of these notifications usually, mostly because I don't get many KOMs anyway. But when she got that Local Legend, I thought "WTF? I ride that road almost every single day. How am I NOT the local legend?" Rather than simply look it up and see who was and how often they rode it, I decided to take the more strategic route and just get marginally pissed every time I rode it and didn't get a notice. Finally this Friday I got a notice that I was the local legend on another road in the same area. So I was like, "That's right bitches. This is MY world." I don't even give a shit about these things! Get out of my head, Strava!!!

Throughout the pandemic, I've been riding a lot more on the road, partly because I don't currently have my Moots but also partly because my wife got an e-bike back in May and I've been mapping out routes the two of us can ride together (she has no interest in riding in any areas with any kind of traffic.) She also just started using Strava, so she is very excited about any notifications she gets. A week or two ago, she took the Local Legend status on a road near us. I'm not super aware of these notifications usually, mostly because I don't get many KOMs anyway. But when she got that Local Legend, I thought "WTF? I ride that road almost every single day. How am I NOT the local legend?" Rather than simply look it up and see who was and how often they rode it, I decided to take the more strategic route and just get marginally pissed every time I rode it and didn't get a notice. Finally this Friday I got a notice that I was the local legend on another road in the same area. So I was like, "That's right bitches. This is MY world." I don't even give a shit about these things! Get out of my head, Strava!!!
Does she have her bike listed as an Ebike on Strava?

Does she have her bike listed as an Ebike on Strava?

No idea. She named it when she got it and it's just listed by that name. But she's just the kind of shifty no-good cheat who'd fake it, so I wouldn't be surprised if she's out there stealing virtual laurel wreathes from the honest, hard-working simple folk who don't use Performance Enhancing Bicycles (PEBs) to gain an advantage as they ... ride the same section of road over and over again ... ??? ...

I think I have a couple of "local legend" badges, but that isn't surprising since I ride the same route a few times per week. I have no KOMs, but I've been aiming for one along my regular route. Right now my best time is only a few seconds slower. The only reason I have a chance is because it's not exactly a common section of road to ride. Regardless, I doubt I'll hold it for very long since I'm sure someone with actual talent could take it from me without really trying. But it'd still be fun to have a KOM for at least a day or so.

I think I have a couple of "local legend" badges, but that isn't surprising since I ride the same route a few times per week. I have no KOMs, but I've been aiming for one along my regular route. Right now my best time is only a few seconds slower. The only reason I have a chance is because it's not exactly a common section of road to ride. Regardless, I doubt I'll hold it for very long since I'm sure someone with actual talent could take it from me without really trying. But it'd still be fun to have a KOM for at least a day or so.
Shoot me the segment, I’ll come check it out

Back before the end times, when we had our regular Tuesday Night Ride, there were a few segments in Green Lane that a few of the guys used to battle over. The most popular one was the paved descent at the end of the clockwise loop. They traded that back and forth a few times. But they're always trying to up the ante on it because no one seems to be able to keep it for long. I don't really chase KOMs, but I enjoy watching these guys battle for it (I even play neutral Belgium from time to time and aid whoever is trying a descent KOM with a lead out.) I think I have a few accidental KOMs here and there, but the one that makes me smile is the climbing KOM I took from an Olympic cyclist up in Trexler. I just like saying that without context (for all I know, he was slow pedaling and still faster than everyone else, but I choose to believe otherwise because why the fuck not?)

Anyway, is there a segment (or segments) everyone who is into that sort of thing tries to get in Jersey?

You know the English language is difficult to learn when 2 words that have the opposite definition can mean the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom