i hate! *RANT HERE*

anrothar

entirely thrilled
*people that break glass bottles on the shoulders of the road. as well as people who 'drop' screws and nails there.

*being sick on nice days.

*not being independantly wealthy.

anyone else?

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
here are mine

Bike:

Flats
Closed trails
Dual Control Shifters
Dot 4 oil on my hands
Walmart Bikes
Very expensive forks that break
Schrader tubes
Alloy nipples
Light parts that break
Lights that die
Torn Sidewalls
Stans (when it glops up)
Sqeaky bikes
Tubular Glue
Prostititus (that really should be #1)
JRA (just riding along)
bad vibes
9-speed (wasn't 8 enough?)
Broken Chains

sort of off topic:

surf:

Onshore winds
Jellyfish
Crowds
anything more than a 4/3
dings
broken boards
dirty water
bad vibes

Snow:

Slow lifts
ice
$80 lift tickets
$10 hamburger
crowds
rich bastards

ughh.. How about a "likes" after all that ugliness.

J_

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't use the word hate very often, it's not a word I like. But things that irritate the hell out of me:

1. Long workdays
2. Thin sidewalls
3. People who talk loudly on the train

Frank

Sasquatch
Broken chains
Flats
Built up log piles when it's do-able to begin with.
Unidentifiable "creaks"
Broken cassettes
worn chainrings
CHIGGERS

Last edited:

TonyC

normZurawski said:
I don't use the word hate very often, it's not a word I like. But things that irritate the hell out of me:

1. Long workdays
2. Thin sidewalls
3. People who talk loudly on the train

Norm
How about the people who take up two seats with their bags on the train when it's standing room only. Not Hate, just very annoying.
Or how about the obese person taking up a full 4 seater on the train.

Hate, commuting to work. :( or maybe it's just the work thing?

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
i wake up, its cold, drizzling, weather.com says rain and i leave the bike home on a day like today.

geez... its suddenly gotten nice out. and the bike is home. i hate that.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
TonyC said:
Norm
How about the people who take up two seats with their bags on the train when it's standing room only. Not Hate, just very annoying.
Or how about the obese person taking up a full 4 seater on the train.

Hate, commuting to work. :( or maybe it's just the work thing?

There are several train annoyances I could list, that also being another one of them. People who jam their knees in the back of the seat. Um...hey there's someone in front, ya know? People who sit on the outside of a 3 seater. People who throw their garbage on the floor. WTF?

Train seating dynamics are a pretty funny thing to observe. Watching someone trying to pick out a seat is pretty entertaining at times.

Yeah, commuting stinks but then it gives me time to read, something I don't do at home much these days.

Shaggz

A strong 7
mergs said:
i wake up, its cold, drizzling, weather.com says rain and i leave the bike home on a day like today.

geez... its suddenly gotten nice out. and the bike is home. i hate that.

Weather.Com blows - i usually plan for the opposite of their forecast

TonyC

normZurawski said:
There are several train annoyances I could list, that also being another one of them. People who jam their knees in the back of the seat. Um...hey there's someone in front, ya know? People who sit on the outside of a 3 seater. People who throw their garbage on the floor. WTF?

Train seating dynamics are a pretty funny thing to observe. Watching someone trying to pick out a seat is pretty entertaining at times.

Yeah, commuting stinks but then it gives me time to read, something I don't do at home much these days.

Oh man, how when the water drips on the one particular row of seats and the passenger looks up with the expression of "what the f---" :) very amusing because they usually move then another person sees the open seat and then they get dripped on.. Classic.
How about the seat where there is a huge hole like a 400lb person sat there. Everyone passes it by then theres always a person that doesn't care and sits in the hole.
Many, many funny things on the train.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Mosquitoes!!! I was changing a flat once in Allamuchy, and damn if I didn't donate a pint of blood to the local mosquito community!

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
For Allamuchy Joe..

I hate all the comercials during LOST.

I am sure with an Avitar like that you do too.

J

NJ Jess

Mondays

I dislike Mondays, especially after such taxing races like the All-a-muchy 50 km. I only sit here typing on the computer so the arnica gel has time to soak into my skin and grant me the ability to walk at work tomorrow.

I'm upset that my new Titus came with a short X.O derailuer which I promptly ripped off at Lewis Morris, of all places. Don't they realize racers use Big Big combos? ( another 200 bucks!)

I wish there were more women riding and racing Mtb bikes. It's such a beautiful way to spend time with your family and be challenged for better health.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i don't really hate anything other than ticks. if there were one critter i could wipe off the face of the earth, it would probably be them. all they do is crawl around and suck blood. yes, i know birds eat them but aside from providing birds with an occasional meal i just don't see why they are here. freakin' parasites. oh, i also hate rust. rust is evil.

there are lots of things i dislike A LOT, my singleator comes to mind, but i'm a pretty happy camper most of the time.

edit: it will likey be changed so i self-moderated. HAH! :D

Last edited:

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Double bonus: I unearth ancient thread, and don't have to start new one.

So I'm calling around looking for a particular bike. It'd be like super cool to actually see and sit on one first, especially as it's an unusual TT length concept.

Shop #1 says, "yeah man we just got one of those." I reply, "sweet, I'll come check it out. What size?" Dudebro: "Oh, no, it was for a customer and they picked it up. We can order one for you though." Which means I pull a few grand out of my pocket for a product I have never seen. And can't return. Cool.

Shop #2 left me on hold till I hung up.

Shop #3 was pretty cool, but again, nope, don't have one, don't know when we will have one, but will be happy to order one. Long as I pay for it first.

So I'm open minded, and in retail myself. It may not be the retailer's fault, perhaps the manufacturer has some draconian polices regarding returns. But then what's the damn point?
Bike maker builds shiny new thing. Sends demos out to magazines and web sites. Advertises. Responds to web chatter on forums. Creates interest. Consumer goes to shop to look. "Nah, we don't have any of those. Unless you buy one then we'll order it." WTF?

I can drive a $30,000 car before I buy it.
I can sit on a new sofa before I buy it.
Washer, dryer, fridge, TV, whatever.

Crap, the LBS complain about people buying on the web, but Backcountry, Jenson, Price Point, all of them will accept a complete bike return unless it's custom built. I'm not saying a shop should have an XXXXXXL version of some obscure model, but would it be too hard for the manufacturer to throw a medium or large out there for the kool kid shops? Not everyone has time to hit Sea Otter or Interbike.

I know. TL;DR.

Top Bottom