Hurricane Thread

rlb

Thankful that my area of Bridgewater was spared but I'm reading about pretty bad flooding g all over Somerset county. Driving into Morristown for work this morning I saw a ton of abandoned cars on 287 in spots that I never would have anticipated flooding.

I think the middle brook coming down from Chimney Rock crested over the RT 22 bridge (By Whole Foods/Chipotle) judging by the debris all over the place. Also saw about 10 abandoned cars at that point. Didn't stop for pics, but damn it's a sobering reminder of what water can do.

Just south of the Somerville circle, good luck @Patrick :

THATmanMANNY

Blackwell mills ahead, on river road looking North
5B17EE95-C34B-4009-9750-BD5571EBCA16.jpeg

mtn

Thankful that my area of Bridgewater was spared but I'm reading about pretty bad flooding g all over Somerset county. Driving into Morristown for work this morning I saw a ton of abandoned cars on 287 in spots that I never would have anticipated flooding.

I think the middle brook coming down from Chimney Rock crested over the RT 22 bridge (By Whole Foods/Chipotle) judging by the debris all over the place. Also saw about 10 abandoned cars at that point. Didn't stop for pics, but damn it's a sobering reminder of what water can do.

They need to learn the definition of submerged.

Gene

The Dancing Machine
Home Depot got flooded in Vauxhall so I decided to go to the next best place, Halters to visit @jdog . That was a mistake… not to visit, but driving there.

Roads, broken down cars, flooding, oh my… preventing me from going farther south than slightly below Route 22.

iman29

we got pretty lucky in the Mt Olive area and even tho my generator wasnt working we didnt have any power outages. I think after I fix the generator I will replace my sump pump this time, the last 2 storms that thing has been working overtime - thank god.

Did a local ride some spots still flooded in Roxbury and some houses running generators in Kenvil but nothing too serious that we could see.

The black car in the last pic is at my mother in laws car at the parking lot of the senior living center around the corner from me. Lucky it only had water come up below the door sill the inside was dry when I moved it.
1630620703807.png

1630620781310.png

qclabrat

A friend of a friend is missing in BW. She was driving home from Rutgers picking up her kid and the car got stranded in front of Lexus on Rt22. Emergency services told them to get out and swim to safety. The daughter is fine but have not found the mother. Also my kid's friends in Manville are completely blocked in from the river swells in all directions. They're basically stuck till something clears. Here's a pic from Dead River this morning at 7am. I'm up the hill from Norm but it does still flood in high ground. Hopeful for everyone's safety.
PXL_20210902_112220575.jpg

Last edited:

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Hollow road in Montgomery looks like Beirut

when better photos show up, you’re not gonna believe it.

it’s super overwhelming as this is my daily commute

much of it is down to dirt.

this won’t be a quick fix

A644959D-EF20-4093-81C9-B73780094FB0.jpeg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Here's a pic from Dead River this morning at 7am. I'm up the hill from Norm but it does still flood in high ground. Hopeful for everyone's safety.

Dead River was underwater last week. This week must be nuts.

We are literally on top of the hill. It’s down in all directions. And the basement is spotted wet from water coming up from underneath. Crazy.

Gene

The Dancing Machine
We are literally on top of the hill. It’s down in all directions. And the basement is spotted wet from water coming up from underneath. Crazy.

Did you lose power and thus lose the sub pump (unless you had a working battery unlike me)? I neglected my pump and will never again. I bought a new pump tonight with an oversized battery.

i had to dry vac tonight after 2” of rain/water in my basement and I thought I was on top of a hill similar to you. All water came from underneath and didn’t leak from sides of house…. Ugh.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Did you lose power and thus lose the sub pump (unless you had a working battery unlike me)? I neglected my pump and will never again. I bought a new pump tonight with an oversized battery.

i had to dry vac tonight after 2” of rain/water in my basement and I thought I was on top of a hill similar to you. All water came from underneath and didn’t leak from sides of house…. Ugh.

Did not lose power. Our basement is actually at ground level. One side of the house is “in” dirt but the other side is effectively a slab. Not underground at all.

But we have as much water as if someone dropped a cup of water. Still strange given where we are.

Top Bottom