Hurricane Thread

Robin

I don't know how Flemington boro is but we lucked out. Minor water in the basement. Our sump pump did it's job.

Getting to work was an adventure. Abandoned cars on 202 starting in Readington. Detours and road closures. Took me 1.5 hours when it usually takes 45 minutes. Roxbury just had some branches on roads.

War zone in Raritan and Somerville. Getting home should be fun.

Saw photo and video of Lambertville. Sad situation.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
My sump pump was running every 30" last night, now it's back to every 2.5 minutes.

The neighbor has over 2' of water in his basement, his sump pump crapped out. I set him up with my old one.

Replace your sump pump if it's more then 10 yrs. old. Also check hose clamps periodically to make sure they're tight and replace check valve when you replace pump. Also, have a generator at the ready should you lose power.

The end of my road where it meets Springfield ave, Cranford.

20210902_084202.jpg

Gene

The Dancing Machine
Also check your backup battery! My power went out at 8:30 last night and didn’t realize my battery died until it was too late. Sux.

Replace your sump pump if it's more then 10 yrs. old. Also check hose clamps periodically to make sure they're tight and replace check valve when you replace pump. Also, have a generator at the ready should you lose power.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Minor water in the basement... Had to drop a third pump into the catch basin outside... Across the street neighbors had more in their basements... Good thing there wan't much wind....

Gene

The Dancing Machine
I needed coffee this morning and found most county roads that weren’t flooded still had debris and rocks from the park that flowed out.

Here is my latest status on power:

PSE&G: Here's the current info for the outage at SPRING HILL DR.
ETR: 09/02 08:45 PM.
Job Status: With Tree Dept

TommyF

Denville is a mess, the whole town is shut down. Parking lot in back of Hunan Taste is a lake.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Philly got hit hard. My wife works at UPenn and they're shut down today as is most of the city. The Schuylkill River is currently covering MLK Drive and Kelly Drive, and Manayunk is largely underwater (the canal and the river met, and there are cars that are fully submerged on Main Street) and they're saying that even though the rain is gone, the flooding hasn't peaked yet. And the FOW is saying that Forbidden Drive is completely submerged (so if anyone was planning on visiting Wiss any time in the next, say, week or so, you might want to rethink those plans.) Closer to home, some streets in the Lansdale Boro were supposedly under more than a foot of water, which seems kind of remarkable when you consider that there are really no water sources flowing through the Boro - that's all backup from the sewers I guess. We don't live in the Boro but there was some flooding out front of our house. And one of the five tornados that touched down (in an area of the country that was never previously impacted by tornados but now had five in one night within a 20 mile radius) was only about 6 or 7 miles away. We live in interesting times.

Ian F

Philly got hit hard. My wife works at UPenn and they're shut down today as is most of the city. The Schuylkill River is currently covering MLK Drive and Kelly Drive, and Manayunk is largely underwater (the canal and the river met, and there are cars that are fully submerged on Main Street) and they're saying that even though the rain is gone, the flooding hasn't peaked yet. And the FOW is saying that Forbidden Drive is completely submerged (so if anyone was planning on visiting Wiss any time in the next, say, week or so, you might want to rethink those plans.) Closer to home, some streets in the Lansdale Boro were supposedly under more than a foot of water, which seems kind of remarkable when you consider that there are really no water sources flowing through the Boro - that's all backup from the sewers I guess. We don't live in the Boro but there was some flooding out front of our house. And one of the five tornados that touched down (in an area of the country that was never previously impacted by tornados but now had five in one night within a 20 mile radius) was only about 6 or 7 miles away. We live in interesting times.
Not to mention the other tornadoes we've had over the past month or so. Not sure when our area became part of Tornado Alley, but here we are. I've now had them to the west of me (the one that hit the car dealership in Trevose) and to the east - the one that hit the Burlington Bristol Bridge yesterday.
Interesting times, indeed...

Holy shit - just saw some pictures of the Vine Street Expressway in Philly. It looks like a canal. 😳

FB_IMG_1630596802905.jpg

Last edited:

Cassinonorth

Got 12" of water when our temp dam broke through...took maybe 5 minutes of our driveway for being exposed and our street was a raging river. Took about 5 hours but it was mostly rid of standing water when I went to bed last night. Running 3 dehumidifiers right now and a big fan. Hoping we didn't lose our treadmill but not the end of the world there.

Rough night for sure.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Not to mention the other tornadoes we've had over the past month or so. Not sure when our area became part of Tornado Alley, but here we are. I've now had them to the west of me (the one that hit the car dealership in Trevose) and to the east - the one that hit the Burlington Bristol Bridge yesterday.
Interesting times, indeed...

Holy shit - just saw some pictures of the Vine Street Expressway in Philly. It looks like a canal. 😳

View attachment 166257
9B301D48-612E-429D-97A6-8DE0FB5320E6.jpeg

serviceguy

See, if you don't look at the top, or know where it is, it just looks like a run-of-the-mill river through a city.
Yep, I was like 'what am I looking at here? Ooohhhh, crap!'. I would expect that's also what my crawl space looks like, not opening that hatch for the next two moths though!

Last edited:

Ian F

My riding buddy is a truck driver and had a pickup in North Jersey this morning. He said they were using fork lifts to move abandoned cars off the roads near the ports/depot.

Top Bottom