High Mountain Conditions

I'm still working on properly navigating all the different parts of the site. Another day. Hitting Ringwood instead. Thanks.

IMG_0965.JPG
@ridgehog
For whatever reason, it won't let me respond to your PM.
Tomorrow I am actually heading out to Queens but planning on hitting HM on Sunday morning.
LMK if that works for you.
C8N, thanks for giving us a tour today. I have to ride this place more often. JimN was correct in saying that the unmarked trails are pretty awesome.

Social pace was perfect today as I have been doing way too many hammer rides recently. Maybe we can check out the northern section of the park next time.

Enjoyed the ride! Let's do it again!
Definitely! Get ready to ride in via Valley. My comments below.... you can park in my complex... we can call it HM Park & Ride :)
Social pace was perfect today as I have been doing way too many hammer rides recently. Maybe we can check out the northern section of the park next time.
We could start from Franklin lake side and hit circleswitch and deerpath,,, then go look for the hawk.

And one of these days, I will take your offer for a tour of Ringwood.

Last edited:
I can park and you guys can ride. I'm taking the chair lift up to the top next time ha. Seriously open invite on Ringwood.

Was up there today for a ride. Parked at the circle and rode the ancients zone for the first time which is amazing stuff. Crossed over and went up Jack's... if that was just built by one guy that's really impressive. Kudos.

Bit muddy but the north west... particularly the ancient trail was awesome!

There was a decapitated dead white bird by the college trail head. Not sure what kinda bird it was... but kinda looked like a chicken. Funky stuff....

J
Still amazed by Jack's trail... with the amount of work that must have been put into it.
@liong71er can't be human...

Conditions at HM was awesome today... just need to stay away from the colored trails. White was disgusting.
Jacks trail was more fun riding down (rode up it last time). Big thanks to Liong. Great trail. High Mountain has much more to offer than I knew.

J
Jacks trail was more fun riding down (rode up it last time). Big thanks to Liong. Great trail. High Mountain has much more to offer than I knew.
I was looking at Strava flyby.... when we were at Jack's Steven and Marc were pretty much right behind us after they have cleared the lower half of HM lol

I was looking at Strava flyby.... when we were at Jack's Steven and Marc were pretty much right behind us after they have cleared the lower half of HM lol
Yeh they peddled up like they were on flat land (and they were only warming up) Left us in the dust like we were standing still.

Was up there today for a ride. Parked at the circle and rode the ancients zone for the first time which is amazing stuff. Crossed over and went up Jack's... if that was just built by one guy that's really impressive. Kudos.
How new is jack's? I was on it for the first time the other day, very cool

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions