High Mountain Conditions

i'm glad to see this is getting more coverage. I ride here regularly and haven't encountered any problems (aside from non-malicious broken glass no doubt left by people drinking in the woods). I think a lot of it has been cleared up thanks to a couple anon strava guys. I stay near the red and yellow side as i've heard the bad stuff is on the white/western side

I just went through 10 miles all over, nothing unusual, just the normal broken glass.

Passed by HM today @2:30 and saw ambulances and police cars at the trail head. Anyone know what happened?

Was there today, rocks were a little slick but a great day for riding. Kudos to the trail builders who worked on hawk, that was one of the best trails of the day.

Hi all, new the forum and a total noob to mountain biking (have not been on one in probably 12 years).

Was reading through your threads on High Mountain since it is so close to me and headed over there yesterday. It looks like an awesome place. I probably should have trusted my judgement and stick to the marked trails but when I saw that double set of cairns I had to explore!

Fairly quickly lost the trail multiple times and had to stop and check strava. Definetly frustrating but I can see that if I learn my way around it will be an awesome place to ride.

The worse part was when completely destroyed my rear derailleur! As several have said to me, welcome t mountain biking!

Would love to join you guys on a group ride and get the lay of the land, I am pretty bad, and when I have my mind on figuring out where to go, my riding is even worse. I am in pretty decent shape though, so hopefully I can keep up.

Hi all, new the forum and a total noob to mountain biking (have not been on one in probably 12 years).

Was reading through your threads on High Mountain since it is so close to me and headed over there yesterday. It looks like an awesome place. I probably should have trusted my judgement and stick to the marked trails but when I saw that double set of cairns I had to explore!

Fairly quickly lost the trail multiple times and had to stop and check strava. Definetly frustrating but I can see that if I learn my way around it will be an awesome place to ride.

The worse part was when completely destroyed my rear derailleur! As several have said to me, welcome t mountain biking!

Would love to join you guys on a group ride and get the lay of the land, I am pretty bad, and when I have my mind on figuring out where to go, my riding is even worse. I am in pretty decent shape though, so hopefully I can keep up.

Just replied to your post on the welcome forum. Happy to show you around Ringwood or HM on Saturday morning. Might also try a night ride in the area this week

This can be a tough time of year to explore new trails with all the leaves, but it's definitely worth it. The marked trails there are pretty terrible, and the unmarked trails are pretty awesome. In previous years, the leaves magically disappeared from the good singletrack trails in late Fall, which makes finding the good stuff at High Mountain much easier. In the meantime, do some more exploring using Strava/Maprika and definitely take @C8N up on his offer for a tour too.

Thanks for the offers. I was thinking if at least offer a nice six pack for whoever can show me a lay of the land! I got the Maprika. All the singletrack is the dashed black lines right? Wish I knew about this place before the leaves fell!

I should put this in a different thread, but if I were to get a Garmin, can you download others routes and then follow them?

Stoked on the group you guys have on here and riding is always more fun when you can share it with otherM

@ridgehog
For whatever reason, it won't let me respond to your PM.
Tomorrow I am actually heading out to Queens but planning on hitting HM on Sunday morning.
LMK if that works for you.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions