Hardcore 24

ArmyOfNone

Looks pretty cool. I like the idea of the barracks. Good way to meet peoples. Not sure if im ready for a 24 hour race just yet.

NJ Jess

Be a team volunteer

Looks pretty cool. I like the idea of the barracks. Good way to meet peoples. Not sure if im ready for a 24 hour race just yet.

Support your people! If a team for mtbnj is formed, volunteer to help out. We were the 4 women team at the 24 hours of Allamuchy, and Christine's husband was the cook, timekeeper, awesome wrench, and,.....and a true MD. One can learn a lot by volunteering. And he also rode the course with us on the preride. OH, photographer too! Just cuz you don't race doesn't mean you can enjoy the event. Volunteer and you will see what I'm talking about.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, support me. Hell, maybe Sean and I can pit in the same area and you can be part of our crew. You could also sign up for solo, do some of it, then go back to the area and hang out, be pit crew, etc etc. Then if you're doing well and I shit the bed, I'll pit for you guys.

ArmyOfNone

Yeah, support me. Hell, maybe Sean and I can pit in the same area and you can be part of our crew. You could also sign up for solo, do some of it, then go back to the area and hang out, be pit crew, etc etc. Then if you're doing well and I shit the bed, I'll pit for you guys.

I guess i didnt think of the team thing. Makes the whole day sound a bit more doable. I guess we will all see as we get closer.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Having done both, I preferred going solo. What's the worst that happens? You said screw it and go to bed?

ArmyOfNone

LOL...well i guess that is true. I dont think ill have to much of a problem with the sleep part. Although if you get tired i see what you mean. But its gotta be fun doing it as a group.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
LOL...well i guess that is true. I dont think ill have to much of a problem with the sleep part. Although if you get tired i see what you mean. But its gotta be fun doing it as a group.

Not really. After like 7:00 pm or so you basically have 1 guy out, 1 guy sleeping, 1 guy getting ready to sleep, and 1 guy waking up. It's a cool group thing in the morning, then for the afternoon 3 guys basically hang out. Then it's an interesting slog though the night.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
HAH!

illegal. funny guy. at's what beer cozies are for. or whiskey and energy drinks... at the churn and burn 24 hour, which is/was sponsored by harpoon brewery, they give away free beer to racers and crew alike all through the afternoon/evening/night.

NJ Jess

Way true

Having done both, I preferred going solo. What's the worst that happens? You said screw it and go to bed?

I can vouch for this. One of the female soloist road fast laps in the daylight, finishing at 9 pm. Went to sleep til 5 am,...the road again with the sunrise. Beautiful! By the time 12 noon came,...she had won the class. Sometimes, resting is smarter. (It was really wet that year)

ArmyOfNone

I can vouch for this. One of the female soloist road fast laps in the daylight, finishing at 9 pm. Went to sleep til 5 am,...the road again with the sunrise. Beautiful! By the time 12 noon came,...she had won the class. Sometimes, resting is smarter. (It was really wet that year)

Key word there is FAST. Me not so much FAST

ArmyOfNone

Right, arent you coming up on your 10 month anniversary????

Fred gets my vote for rookie of the year, and since hes like 11, hes gonna be a terror in the coming years

It was about the end of april when it all happend. The anninversary is quickly approaching. Thanks for the nomination.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
we'll have to give him some sort of prize. any ideas? when my hs cross country team swept every meet the one year, we gave our coach a plate of pubic hair at the ceremony. perhaps fred would appreciate something along those lines?

ArmyOfNone

we'll have to give him some sort of prize. any ideas? when my hs cross country team swept every meet the one year, we gave our coach a plate of pubic hair at the ceremony. perhaps fred would appreciate something along those lines?

Only if you get the finest pubis. They from what i hear can only be found in Kazakhstan. Its one of their three major exports.

I do appreciate the kudos (you are all so sweet), but i don't think it would have dedicated myself to cycling if it wasn't for all you who i have met and ridden with. You have helped to make this sport so much fun! I have done some things that i never would have thought i would have done. You all also have pushed me to train hard. But I still cant keep up with any of you damn guys! But at least i can see what color jersey your wearing far ahead. :tear:

I'm hoping when come spring time i can pass on the fun to some of my buddies. if it ever gets here!

Top Bottom