Hardcore 24

ArmyOfNone

Soon, grasshopper, soon.

The clock goes ahead tonight, boys and girls!

Look at me!

bike_grasshopper.gif

never been so excited to work an extra hour. so worth the extra daylight.

Griffo

Reviving this thread...Looking for a single good (or semi-decent) man.

I've been doing this race since 2006 and have continued since relocating to NJ in 2012. It's a great race! This year, we're looking for a 4th to fill out a 'Senior' team (combined age <156--we're all 33-36). We are all experienced, solid riders out to challenge ourselves, but not in it to win it--so don't expect a trophy (though we did get 3rd a couple years back). We've got a solid crew of 7 riders (1.75 teams) plus significant others.

I do agree with another thread which remarked at how brutal conditions were at the 2008 race (I believe) but since breaking those trails in that year, the race and course has been fantastic despite a crazy run of consecutive rainy races (EVERY single year since then). The course is >90% fun singletrack with minimal sustained climbing--perfect for the rider who enjoys the finer things in life--especially those with the skills to make up for their lack of fitness.

If you're interested in joining our crew, let me know. Cost for a spot on the team is $108, which includes a T-shirt (don't count on it being any good though). I can drive from Somerville, but it'll be a TIGHT fit in my Jetta with my wife and dog.

Top Bottom