H2H Races

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Xc racing categories are more based on stamina vs skill... But not completely. If you do regular 10-15 mile rides for sure give cat 2 the nod but if you struggle with4-8 mile rides start in cat 3 or if you are completely new to any competition.

jackx

will probably make mooch madness, should I be registering for First timers or CAT3?
I am not familiar with the First timers. But I would think that if you competed at Short Track course for 50+ minutes, Cat 3 would be more appropriate for you.

qclabrat

I am not familiar with the First timers. But I would think that if you competed at Short Track course for 50+ minutes, Cat 3 would be more appropriate for you.
hmm, had to look up def of compete: to try to get or win something (such as a prize or reward) that someone else is also trying to win, thanks for the warm and fuzzies :D

jackx

hmm, had to look up def of compete: to try to get or win something (such as a prize or reward) that someone else is also trying to win, thanks for the warm and fuzzies :D
Hey No problem. I think a "first timer" might have walked over the rocks and larger roots, and might have a relatively low fitness level.
Again, I am not familiar with how a "First timer" is defined by H2H, but the "first timer competition" might be a little disappointing.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Hey No problem. I think a "first timer" might have walked over the rocks and larger roots, and might have a relatively low fitness level.
Again, I am not familiar with how a "First timer" is defined by H2H, but the "first timer competition" might be a little disappointing.

cat 3 was walking over the rocks, and crashing in the stream last year....as the person is laying there, not letting
me by........

ekuhn

I just browsed through the registrants and Cat 3 appears to be the most popular with 30+. HoH must be keeping those Cat 1 racers away.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Last year Mayhem drew a huge cat3 class as well. Its a perfect course to into or re-intro people to mtb racing, and pedal-ly enough to make for a good race in the other classes.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
First timer = never raced before. I think cat 3 is the best bet.

Classes are 19-39 across the board. Having said that I am absolutely stoked to see sport getting bigger and that the sport class represented at short track this year. We as a sport need cat 2/3 classes to have better participation if we want the sport to remain.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
wow - just wow.

To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost.

Top Bottom