God I love Craigslist.......

google "replica cervelo bikes" just for laughs I think that has the answer... :)

needed to play it slower son, game over

They tend to get boring quickly. I've seen some 419 bait sites where they've gotten the scammers to do incredible things. Good stuff. Oddly the bike is still up, they usually pull the ad pretty fast.

Found a fun one on Ebay, "just a little bit of damage from rubbing on the wall". Uh, no. You threw your pretty carbon bike on the ground (hard) and are now dumping it on somebody else! ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/56cm-2013-C...512?pt=US_Bicycles_Frames&hash=item258e9bbac0

Found a 2014 Caad10-5 for $750.00. Called him up and dude said yeah, that one is sold but I got another. Same bike but different scheme. Wtf?
So the one was a buddy of his who got hurt and sold him the bike super cheap.
The other a buddy who does demolition in Rutherford found it in grandmas basement and gave it to him.
None of this sounds shady right? Guy said come on over whenever, bring cash.

JohnnieOxford says get ready for a stabbin'!

If he was going to stab you, he would just say "Yup, still have it, come over and don't tell anyone where you are going"

Alright, fair observation. So we are in the stolen/sketchy department then?:getsome:

That's actually a smart idea to sell a stolen bike. Post a different pic, then when someone asks to buy say well I have another in different color so nobody recognizes it in a picture. My grandma stashes new 2014 bikes in her basement too, what a coincidence.

Can I rant as a buyer?

If one puts up a CL post as a seller they should respond to inquires about their bicycle. Just saying. I found 2 bikes I was interested in and both never responded to my emails. Granted the ads were probably a few days old. But if the bikes are sold, pull that ad !!!!

Can I rant as a buyer?

If one puts up a CL post as a seller they should respond to inquires about their bicycle. Just saying. I found 2 bikes I was interested in and both never responded to my emails. Granted the ads were probably a few days old. But if the bikes are sold, pull that ad !!!!

I find my craigslist replies go to my spam folder. If i don't randomly check it i never see the emails. Stupid yahoo mail.

Found a 2014 Caad10-5 for $750.00. Called him up and dude said yeah, that one is sold but I got another. Same bike but different scheme. Wtf?
So the one was a buddy of his who got hurt and sold him the bike super cheap.
The other a buddy who does demolition in Rutherford found it in grandmas basement and gave it to him.
None of this sounds shady right? Guy said come on over whenever, bring cash.

JohnnieOxford says get ready for a stabbin'!

Hey, I got the same one in my basement. Don't mind the duct tape and rope and lime. Oh and you can bring cash or credit card.

Back
Top Bottom