God I love Craigslist.......

The rush was one of the known frames where 650b worked in the rear and obviously the front with the lefty, so it would not surprise me if the scalpel was similar

yup, it works, from what i remember researching you just cant run a super fat tire in the rear, but who does that shit anyway

People really fall for this stuff.

Often we see bikes cobbled out of a junk pile and sold for good money on CL.

Most of the time they are at least one size too big or small.

yuck.

A size small good for someone 6' tall? :hmmm:

Also that Dart 2 fork is a high end piece. :rolleyes:

Tim

Notice the snow in the background. He probably didn't know you can't run over your carbon frame when its below 32F. :)

or someone who watched the TDF and said wow I can do that and the spent a $h!tton of money on a bike and got home and their SO told them to dump it after it sat in the living room for 3 months with coats hanging on it.. but still get a serial number..
Just look at the stolen bike thread on this board shows there is a big problem with stolen bikes...

Last edited:
As Joe Average Guy, what is a serial number going to do for me? As in, where/how would I check it against stolen bikes? Assuming it's not defaced, which would be kinda a clue...
I'm genuinely curious, not being contrary.

And it's gotta be a scam or stolen, but I'm on CL enough to notice this one doesn't follow that pattern. Exactly, although some signs are there.

Well, email the seller and say, "I'm very interested in the bike, but I need the serial number off the frame so that I can have the local police check their database to make sure it's not stolen." If they don't email you back, it's probably stolen.

Back
Top Bottom