Fishing Thread

dmkalemba

found this on the shore of our lake yesterday....I was thinking maybe snakehead but the teeth dont look like what im seeing on the internets

QAL3QwE.jpg

JmqovMv.jpg
I'm thinking someone had bluefish (or some other saltwater fish) for dinner and threw the head in the lake, or some critter brought it there from someone's trash

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
interesting...although the teeth still look a bit different...but closer than anything else...certainly doesnt look like a pickrel....The lake is closed in the winter so there is no garbage around...Thus I dont think it was from someones garbage can.

moose35

interesting...although the teeth still look a bit different...but closer than anything else...certainly doesnt look like a pickrel....The lake is closed in the winter so there is no garbage around...Thus I dont think it was from someones garbage can.
Actually the teeth do look more round

Captain Brainstorm

Do you have walleye in your lake? If its a deep lake, you might.

Captain Brainstorm

Yea, I'll have to go with bluefish as well, those teeth are very piranha-looking. I usually throw them back, not down with oily fish except sardines, but the cocktail blues are palatable, and that one looks on the smaller end of the spectrum.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Agree with everyone about it looking like a bluefish....how it ended up on the shore of our lake I have no clue. There are no houses with garbage for a couple of miles. (lake is closed in the winter) But it sure does look like a bluefish skull.

Captain Brainstorm

I’m going with raccoon liberated it from someone’s trash, dragged it to the lake to wash it, as is their custom, then consume it. A crow then grabbed the carrion and flew to the other side of the lake to pick through it in safety and solitude, as is their custom. You stumbled upon the remains of the carcass, where the mystery began.

Captain Brainstorm

Don't shoot the messenger but thought I would pass on this request.

social_annotation_v2

Yup sucks. One of my trips was already cancelled. Quite honestly though, If this isn’t lifted by May, I’m going fishing. Where I go wading, the only people I ever see are the guys in drift boats, and I bring my own food and drink. I don’t usually even stop for gas.

Reactions: w_b

JerseyPete

Are boat launches open or are they part of the All parks Closed thing? I am talking about jon/row boats for places like Monksville or Oakland.

Captain Brainstorm

Are boat launches open or are they part of the All parks Closed thing? I am talking about jon/row boats for places like Monksville or Oakland.

Depends on whether its state property or Watershed property owned by a city. I don't know who owns Monksville, but its probably part of the reservoir watershed, however it is located in Long Pond Ironworks State Park, so this one is probably complicated. The land is owned by the state, but the water belongs to the watershed authority (whoever that is). All depends on where the boat launch is located.

Captain Brainstorm

Fishing isn't a sport where you're supposed to be near someone else, despite all those great pictures out there of wall-to-wall people at stocking points. The entire point of fishing is social distance. If you're fishing right next to someone else (boats being the exception), you're doing it wrong, or fishing in the wrong place.

Top Bottom