Fishing Thread

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I haven't renewed my license in a couple of years, but it's looking likely that I'll be moving to Lake Hopatcong in the near future. Guess it's time to get back on it.

RobW

I'm in the market for new rain gear - needs to hold up to all day fishing in rain and potentially temps of high 30s/low 40s. Is Grundens the best? Can't put a price on comfort
Grundens all day! Just like any line of gear, there are levels of warmth which is dictated by the quality of fabrics used.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Stood on line for almost 2 hours Sunday to get the last of the Island Pond keys at Harriman State Park. I’ve hit all the lakes up there except for IP. I never manage to score a limited key but this year I was determined, Coronavirus or not.

Sadly I’m not sure I’ll make it out to Robert Moses for the 4x4 beach fishing permit, which they stop selling April 1st.:(

one piece crank

Now that my sons are both on College-From-Home, I may have them get the Fishing Buddy licenses. Given the 6-month social isolation outlook, I may get a lot of time on the river with them!

But that means I need a point of purchase to get the licenses :mad:

Fat Trout

I fish out of Oswego. Big boat doesn't go in until may but hopefully I can get the Tracker wet a few times before then.
Good luck if you get out before the big boat goes in. I have a Fishmaster 196 that I drag up when weather allows and keep up there through the summer. I fish out of the little salmon.

68nova200

Sometimes we run that far east. I'm in a mid 80s phoenix when chasing salmon probably the only phoenix on the east end.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Isn't that the recipe were you smoke the fish on a cedar plank then throw the fish away and eat the board??? I haven't had shad yet, but they look like giant baitfish if you ask me.

they are!
but you get an angry 5lb saltwater fish in 6' of water on med-light action and bam!

How is shad for eating? I've heard some people smoking them

boney. i've never actually tried to cook one. Dad had a couple of guys at the bar he'd give them to - for a beer. Probably Pabst :) the good newark stuff.

qclabrat

Isn't that the recipe were you smoke the fish on a cedar plank then throw the fish away and eat the board??? I haven't had shad yet, but they look like giant baitfish if you ask me.
hey, your dissin' our founding father's favorite fish

I like the American Indian story of how a porcupine got into the shad.
Anyone ever caught gizzard shad? I just realized they are different

Top Bottom