First timers at Mountain Creek Park

where?when?how?

im still really confused, there is supposed to be a group trip. I few people told me the 12th. OK, then we were supposed to meet at rutgers?...thats the best we can due?....this is soooo disorganized. Where at rutgers?....how many people are going. Who has the biggest cars that we can strap bikes to?How many bikes can we fit in which cars.......cmon people. If anyone has any info please call me at 732-492-0053 otherwise im just gona drive up myself. I do have a suburban with bike rack that holds 4 bikes. But unless people get in contact with me I wont bring it.

Jay

I'm driving up with the gf. The car can hold two bikes, but we are taking none. I plan on seeing you guys there at Diablo at 9am. I have about a 2 hour drive and I don't want to make it any longer trying to find Rutgers.:D

If you want to carpool with me, we meet at Rutgers, if you want to meet us at diablo, be there at 9. I posted that a couple times. If you want to iron out exactly where at Rutgers just give me a ring.

Edit: I also posted I can hold 5 people + 5 bikes earlier, sheesh! :p I'll give you a call to iron out all the details today sometime. I was under the impression that most people were driving themselves since no one was really taking me up on the carpool offer.

Last edited:
My roommate and I will be there @9am. Just got confirmation on our bike rentals as well. I guess there will be a main area where we can all meet up. Whoever can call me on my cell at 732-674-4054. I'll be working beforehand at my bagel shop so if there are any breakfast requests just PM me.:D

Jim

Epic trip, sorry to Jim for making it a bit late we had a few mix up in where to meet up and some cooky directions (83 cooper baby! :rofl:). I also didn't have droptopchevy's number to call him so it ended up being me manny and phathucker (Jay). Had a ball there's going to be some awesome footage of me tanking on a wall ride hahah, looking forward to seeing it. As the day went on we got braver and braver ended up nailing some of the big drops/jumps in the park.

I'm officially now looking for a DH bike :getsome:

Trippy Riding

Too much funny today. :hysterica

After packing all that crap last night I thought to myself man DH isn't worth all this hassle but then went today and had a F-ing BLAST! 2nd time at diablo, first time with DH bike. I mean it was a newbie ride but I have to say.... we were a pretty big deal. Hit the small and the big. Now I am officially keeping my DH rig and gonna hook it up. :D

Video to come for shure.

No problem, Leo. Glad to hear that you had fun. For my first time on a full squish It was so totally different.The bike literally ate up everything i could throw at it. It was very forgiving, mistakes or moves I made on the Ironhorse left me scared but still going, whereas i would have definitely been on the ground on my hardtail. The trails weren't as extreme as i thought, which was a big relief. Granted they were still very challenging, but i guess i was picturing the double black diamond to be more redbull rampage style, which they weren't. I was able to get down pretty much everything without any problems. once you get into a flow you kind of just hang on for the ride. Overall, extremely fun and I'm anxious for next season to do it again. I'd like to go up again this year but with bike rental, lift ticket, food, and gas, it was a $160 day for me, and i don't think my girlfriend would like me spending her Christmas gift money on another outing.
Hopefully I'll make a nice buck working over winter break and by the spring I won't have to pay any rental fees.

Jim

Last edited:
Wasn't as bad as I thought. I realize now how I hurt my finger... I stuck right hand out. The quality of that video is pretty damn good. Looking forward to seeing some of the awesome stuff we nailed.

Edit: I also somehow broke my toe in during that, it's really swollen and totally black and blue, but I was so awesome that I finished riding for another couple hours on it.

Btw Manny, I hope you got the one time I made it up that box thing off the jump on that trail with all the table tops ;)

Last edited:
wow you really broke it CRAZY

bad shoe selection haha damn pumas

I purposely won't put the good stuff on the vid that will be your only shot in it. :rofl:

I'm going up there on July 12 (Sunday)...I should be there by 9am if anyone is done to ride let me know.

hey, i'll be up there that day, but for the race in the gravity series; idk how regular rides are going to be on a busy day like that. how are the lift ticket prices and everything like that there?

Back
Top Bottom