First timers at Mountain Creek Park

ellbiddy

Since I figure most of us are new the twilight tickets wouldn't work out so I was going to do an all day thing, we could meet somewhere nearby and then take as few cars as possible, maybe like 11-noon somewhere? Not sure where everyone was located. If everyone is up for it we could make an early AM ride.

warcricket

Like a Jerk
I am 50/50 cause I was thinking about doing blue marsh race in PA. I'll drop you a msg.

But I will probably go next weekend (the 4th) to Diablo too in addition to the 12th if I decide to go. I want to head up there as much as possible for remainder of season cause I will wear full gear and it be so much cooler now. Anybody want to join me the 4th too?

Manny

i might be down for the 4th...

whats more worth it, spending the day at diablo w/ rentals and stuff or saving up for a cross bike? keep in mind that i make money at snail pace...

12th is out for me. Gauley river damn release!

ellbiddy

We're up to leave as early as you want. Where do you think would be good to meet up?

Jim

I could probably meet you guys at Rutgers since I live like 12 minutes away.

As for the guy in flemington I'm not sure if it's on the way maybe you could meet us at some lot on the way up? I'm down for a carpool but I'm no taxi service ;)

M

mondojoe

I'm going to be at a campground in Branchville. It'll probably take me about 20 mins to get there. Its my first time there so just fill me in on where to meet everyone. Thanks

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
Mods, do you think this might be the MTBNJ day thats been kicked around for the whole year? Move it to Gravity? Make it sticky until the 12th?

You can count me in for the 12th if thats the case. I will be there on the 4rth as well. White Sunday, no pads, big mouth, my name is not really FFT, it's John.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sure, but I think you have to take a lead for it to be official.

f2f4

I'd love to go on the 12th, assuming I have the day off (have yet to find out).

No bike; I'll rent.

Anyone live near/passing through Wrightstown (McGuire AFB)? I'll gladly help with gas.

ellbiddy

My car has room for another 2 people coming from North Brunswick/Rutgers and room for 6 bikes strapped to it. I guess we can shoot for actually getting to diablo at around 10 if we meet at 9 down here. So anyone near me or on the way feel free to let me know and we can meet up somewhere. everyone up there can congregate at around 10? Maybe take a group mugshot and then go on our merry ways. I drive a beige CRV with two trays on the roof and a hitch rack.

The only problem is how long everyone wants to stay, I doubt we'd make it a full day (or maybe we will who knows), but since it's a car pool there has to be some sort of consensus if anyone's time constrained.

Btw making it official mtbnj day or whatnot is fine with me, would be nice to get shown around since most everyone going will be making their first outing.

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
I'll be breathing your dust on the 4th FFT:). Just hope the ankle holds.:eek:

Sweet, I have room for a 10am departure, Point Pleasant, if your interested. I will bring a dig camera and might try for a video as well, we will have a blast!!

betta285

Really anywhere on the campus would be convenient enough to meet up and should be easy to get to for anyone meeting up.

So, what's the running tally and do we qualify for a group rate?

Jim

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
Okay. I'm working on two more, but they're still big maybes.

Jim

Elbiddy, 8 is a great # to start with. This site has been teetering on a day at Diablo, and you might be sucsessful in pulling it off. I would be more than happy to help a noob group around this park. Although I would like to see DHSean and JBod around to pick up and help out, I suspect they will be at Platty that weekend tho.

If at least one other volunteer can step up, we could make the 12th an official MTBNJ 08' day at Diablo.

There is a small handful of gravity guys that can make this real fun day, I am willing to devote my day to those who want to sign the waivier, pay the $$, and give it a shot. Hopefully one or two more can step up. I for one would like Frank (GtBrew) to be the first to say hell yea!!!! He did such a great job with his beginner MTB clinics at Allaire, that I have full faith that he can help with a MTBNJ day at Diablo.

Anyone with DH experience please contribute to this post and help expand the greatness of this community!!

Top Bottom