First timers at Mountain Creek Park

Hell yeah for tomorrow.....the 12th is a IMBA day at Chimney Rock.

Oh, sorry, overlooked that. Is there a delagate from you tribe that c ould help if this MTBNJ Diablo day actually takes place. I could handle up to 8, and would be more than happy to help the members with the ins and outs. Its just that your so much more diplomatic!!

Norm, Jake, someone wanna help out? I will take the bull by the horns, but a Northern local who has some familiararity with the menbers would be a little more comforting to a group ride,:confused:

Also. FJ4 military guy, if you can get to Point Pleasant, I will give you a ride up!!

Please contribute all suggestions, this sounds fun!!

All it takes is to make it n00b friendly hahah

Elbiddy, 8 is a great # to start with. This site has been teetering on a day at Diablo, and you might be sucsessful in pulling it off. I would be more than happy to help a noob group around this park. Although I would like to see DHSean and JBod around to pick up and help out, I suspect they will be at Platty that weekend tho.

If at least one other volunteer can step up, we could make the 12th an official MTBNJ 08' day at Diablo.

There is a small handful of gravity guys that can make this real fun day, I am willing to devote my day to those who want to sign the waivier, pay the $$, and give it a shot. Hopefully one or two more can step up. I for one would like Frank (GtBrew) to be the first to say hell yea!!!! He did such a great job with his beginner MTB clinics at Allaire, that I have full faith that he can help with a MTBNJ day at Diablo.

Anyone with DH experience please contribute to this post and help expand the greatness of this community!!

There is a small handful of gravity guys that can make this real fun day, I am willing to devote my day to those who want to sign the waivier, pay the $$, and give it a shot....

As in get people to dish out lessons or some such? Or just us covering their ticket? Not sure what you mean there hah

So what would be awesome is if we could get a roll call of sorts:

For now I count:
Me + 1 = 2
Jim + 1 = 2
thelmuffinman if we can snag him up on the way from flemington = 1
Droptopchevy =1
mondojoe = 1
f2f4 = 1
THATmanMANNY (maybe) +/- 1

And then all the people who want to show us around which is around 2

That puts us over 10, thing is they make a point about making reservations. I'd be down to call and organize, even if we show up short we'd 3probably be okay to go on non group rates. I'll call tomorrow. For now if we could get a general yay/nay on the list of people that are coming that I have. If I missed you let me know. Also we should arrange transport right now there's probably room for 1-2 more in my car so if you're on the way from rutgers or near rutgers feel free to drop me a line and I'd be happy to grab you. I'd also be more than happy to buy beers (or some such equivalent) for the folks that show us around as they're taking their time to help the n00bs out. I'll get back to you on reservation stats tomorrow afternoon after I get in some of my own riding heh

As in get people to dish out lessons or some such? Or just us covering their ticket? Not sure what you mean there hah

I have and never will colect $$ to help people I consider my friends out. My point was, I can take off work, meet all you nice people up there, and say give a few pointers. I mention DHDeah. Jbod, pos MX8..., because we ride there all the time.

I can confirm to being a so-called group leaded for the people on this site because we have a bit of organization.

If one or two other seasoned gravity riders are willing to help, them we could split up into, first days-ers, fairly exposed, or ready to ride.

Again, if it's gonna be official, I will take the whole group(happily) just a game pan is cool.

Yeah I'm more than happy to do that, just wasn't sure what you meant initially. I welcome any seasoned guys taking time out of their day and would be more than happy to feed and pamper them pre or post ride :D I thought this was going to be a 2-3 person trip max so I wasn't ready for all this organizing and such, but it should come together well enough :D

Btw I'm jealous I didn't get a stab at your norco, saw the ad too late :p

Last edited:
Still waiting to hear back from Diablo about the rates, hopefully they'll get back to be by tonight.

FFF is a great guide. He has crazy skills and knows whats really good to hit there. I followed him on several runs Saturday and he just kill thats place.
Check out the Indycross run, its hella fun. super smooth, hi berms, its like a corkscrew shaped piece of machined dirt.
I am planning on going next weekend whatever day the weather looks best.
Also, RIdetopia has excellent rentals, great bikes, good price and on Saturday Diablo was all rented out.
I went with some friends and even the total noobs had a blast.

Given that the guys at diablo haven't got back to me about price, maybe we should look to get there at 9 instead of 10 in order to get bikes and not bank on them too much? From what I've heard you can rent along the way as well, but it seems like a bit more headache that way, any thoughts?

Given that the guys at diablo haven't got back to me about price, maybe we should look to get there at 9 instead of 10 in order to get bikes and not bank on them too much? From what I've heard you can rent along the way as well, but it seems like a bit more headache that way, any thoughts?
Last week Diablo had all their bikes rented out by Thursday. Ridetopia is pretty much next door to Diablo and they rent too. They were very helpful. One issue is that they only had shin/knee gaurds and helmets...Diablo gives you the full armor.
Ridetopia 973-864-6000. Luddites...no website!

Got my confirmation email about the bike + gear, looking forward to heading out. Was hoping to swap numbers with the guys that are coming up

Jim, I think you PM'd me yours but I've since lost it if you could resend it that'd be cool.

Also for whoever is taking time to show us around,if at all, (will probably be a smaller group than originally imagined) sharing contact info would be cool. Worst case we'll wing it, can't be that hard to avoid the death traps.

Hope to see a lot of you Sunday at 9am, I'll have my phone with me all weekend so if anything comes up give me a call, if you don't have my # just pm me and I'll shoot it back to you.

Well guys, some bad news. Looks like I'm stuck in Spain for one of my missions that was extended a bit. At least it's Spain! Too bad I wasn't able to cram my mtb or road bike on my jet. The mountains and even roads are incredible. Maybe next time!

Sorry to be brief, I'm posting from a freaking iPod...

Please have fun and post pics!

Back
Top Bottom