First timers at Mountain Creek Park

We were on the rentals for the third time. We were sitting at the bottom quite a lot too. I might have passed you if you were on the left side of the mountain. I think they were gary fishers.

We were on the rentals for the third time. We were sitting at the bottom quite a lot too. I might have passed you if you were on the left side of the mountain. I think they were gary fishers.

I went down the left side of the mountain 1 time. My friend took a nasty fall down Victory so We kept going down Dominion the rest of the day.

Really? How did it handle? did you take drops with that thing?

Went down Victory but the bikes took a beating. Spend most of the day on Upper Dominion to Greenhorn onto Deviant to Salvation back onto the Greenhorn then to Alpine and Lower Alpine and finish with the Progressive drops and back onto Lower Alpine. I probably did that route over and over about 8 times. I should discover some of the other trails, but I always start on Dominion and just automatically go down the rest.
I put some Michelin Mountain AT tires on it and the bike handled a lot better than with the stock Bontragers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1pWF3CCltA

Last edited:
Hello all, I'm coming to Diablo Sept 1st through the 7th, I'm bringing my own bike and am looking for some peeps to ride with. I'll prolly stick with the blues and single blacks the first day. I'll be on a Glory DH (blue/white w/ fox 40).

Call or text
727-656-8876

Hello,
I will try to go to Diablo park for the first time next week end, on sunday 27th.
If some one is interrested to come with me, I won't be in my best shape because I haven't ride since 4 month. So if someone wants to show me the place, or discover the place with me, just tell me!

What's up guys. just letting anyone who's intrested know Jay and myself frequently visit diablo on the weekends. Jay's there almost every saturday and I'm there sundays. If anyone is looking for someone to ride with or any tips on hitting any of the trail features there. We've both been riding diablo since it opened and can ride any trail at any pace. So if it sounds cool, you can grab either of our email address' off our website, beachwoodbikes.com, or just give the shop a call.

also everyone from the shop will be headed up for july 4th. so if you wanna come up for the big ride that'll be the day to do it

In Bloomingdale NJ a bike shop called Getaway bikes is a Banshee dealer and has a cool low key shop on Main st.
Nick was super helpfull and has a few Banshee's built up to check out so show him some love fella's:)

I know it's still really early, but I'm wondering if anyone wants to make Diablo a regular trip with me this season? It'd be great if someone could show me around, and it's always better when I'm not riding alone! Also still looking for riders to help me build up that portfolio of mine...

Does anyone know how long the discount on the season pass is good for? Should I buy mine now or can I wait until the season gets closer?

I'll try the rentals out first , If it's exactly what I like then I'll be there a lot .so u can count me in as a riding partner ..

I'll try the rentals out first , If it's exactly what I like then I'll be there a lot .so u can count me in as a riding partner ..

Yup, I already figured you were in! Haha I totally jumped the gun and bought a bike with a double crown fork already. I'm thinking it'll be somewhat similar to riding MX though so I'm not too worried. I do need to get used to the ride though...Does anyone know of any places I can take my bike out this winter? I don't mind climbing. I don't mind company either!

Actually there is a trail system in PA that someone is kind enough to offer me a tour of . Years ago they held a small DH race there , but the public that knows about it rides there .. It's a sick trail system , there is some other trails but they are on the hush hush here in NJ . Gonna have to do some shuttling , by the way what bike u pick up?

There's a few guys on here that I'm sure would be down to ride with ya .

I got that 2008 Intense Uzzi from a guy in Staten Island. I figured I could swap the 888 with a fox 36 if I needed something lighter.

my first season riding Dh and I am just so hooked. Day 23 at Creek. Planning a bike park tour in 3 weeks. was thinking millington, thunder and windham. Someone at Creek today told me Windham wasn't worth it? Opinions? How is Mt Snow. Plattakill I think is more natural trails and I by the time I get there I think I might be a little to beat up.

Last edited:
Platty is all natural

Surfing lose rocks
Big natural drops
And fucking steep
Another words old school free riding.

Reviews on Wyndham aren't spectacular but never a mountain I can say I didn't like, just some more then others.

Creek has us a bit spoiled but
Highlands and Killington are great destination parks.

While Mt Snow hosted some epic NORBA DH races back in the day, I've read none of those tracks are currently open for riding and only a few fairly tame trails currently exist.

Windham isn't bad, but there are only a few trails to ride. Two "natural" DH trails - The World Cup UCI course and the Citizens DH course as well as a pair of Gravity Logic built jump trails. I wouldn't go there for a full weekend that didn't involve a race, but it's worth a day of riding. My thought has been to hit Plattekill on Sat and then when done, drive to Windham and get a room there (better hotel and eating options), ride Windham on Sun and then head home.

Plattekill is fun if you know the trails. If you don't know the trails, it can kinda suck. Trail marking is sporadic at best. Some of the trails are so over-grown you have to know where they are to ride them.

While Mt Snow hosted some epic NORBA DH races back in the day, I've read none of those tracks are currently open for riding and only a few fairly tame trails currently exist.

Windham isn't bad, but there are only a few trails to ride. Two "natural" DH trails - The World Cup UCI course and the Citizens DH course as well as a pair of Gravity Logic built jump trails. I wouldn't go there for a full weekend that didn't involve a race, but it's worth a day of riding. My thought has been to hit Plattekill on Sat and then when done, drive to Windham and get a room there (better hotel and eating options), ride Windham on Sun and then head home.

Plattekill is fun if you know the trails. If you don't know the trails, it can kinda suck. Trail marking is sporadic at best. Some of the trails are so over-grown you have to know where they are to ride them.
This

Riding creek next Thursday for twilight hours if anyone wanted to come hang. Intermediate riders.

Back
Top Bottom