Essex county freeholders

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I've come out of the trails in front of cops I'm not sure how many times at this point. The only time I was ever talked to was on a hunting day last year. I rode around a huge lit up sign that said "park closed for hunting" and almost ran into the back of the cop car. I would've kicked my ass.

Mathers

I've come out of the trails in front of cops I'm not sure how many times at this point. The only time I was ever talked to was on a hunting day last year. I rode around a huge lit up sign that said "park closed for hunting" and almost ran into the back of the cop car. I would've kicked my ass.
I’ve come out in front of them sitting in cars and wasn’t bothered. Something about seeing them in the woods made me revert to being 16.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Is Kenneth Seebeck - Jersey Off-Road Bicycle Association an actual board member of the Green Acres Trail council? Does he know whether South Mountain Conservacy submitted any recent grants?
I sit on the NJ Trails Council as the JORBA representative, yes. Green Acres also has reps on the council and employs the staff who manage the program. RTP has seen a lot of changes recently, and grant recipients are working on executing and reporting grants, some dating back years. I can't speak specifically about the SoMo Conservancy or any recipients without looking up old emails. It is also irrelevant. Multi-use adds "points" to a project when applying for an RTP grant, but it is not required in most cases.

Gene

The Dancing Machine
I sit on the NJ Trails Council as the JORBA representative, yes. Green Acres also has reps on the council and employs the staff who manage the program. RTP has seen a lot of changes recently, and grant recipients are working on executing and reporting grants, some dating back years. I can't speak specifically about the SoMo Conservancy or any recipients without looking up old emails. It is also irrelevant. Multi-use adds "points" to a project when applying for an RTP grant, but it is not required in most cases.
Thanks for the feedback Ken. I'm going to be the pest of Essex County in promoting health and wellness for multi-use trails.

Zaskar

Posting here for Essex related bike news...

Don't miss the virtual presentation at 7 p.m. TONIGHT held in partnership with Bloomfield Township regarding the Greenway with
NJ Bike & Walk Coalition
Open Space Institute
and
Freeholder Brendan Gill
! Link here: bit.ly/EHG-BLMFD

goodvibe

Posting here for Essex related bike news...

Don't miss the virtual presentation at 7 p.m. TONIGHT held in partnership with Bloomfield Township regarding the Greenway with
NJ Bike & Walk Coalition
Open Space Institute
and
Freeholder Brendan Gill
! Link here: bit.ly/EHG-BLMFD
This is going to be awesome. Totally looking forward to this being completed.

Zaskar

I listened to the presentation last night. This is a LONG way off so there will be plenty of time to complain.
The land purchase from Norfolk Southern is the next step required which there is an agreement signed but still red tape stuff to be worked out.

Nearly 9-Mile​

Mixed Use Bike/Walking/Hiking/Running Trail

100 Feet Wide​

or more in width throughout the "rail to trail" route

135 Acres​

of new greenspace

8 Municipalities​

Montclair, Glen Ridge, Bloomfield, Belleville, Newark, Kearny, Secaucus and Jersey City

Cassinonorth

They're requesting some support for the Essex Hudson greenway.

Mildly Wild

After decades of work by New Jersey Bike & Walk Coalition and our partners, Open Space Institute and 9/11 National Memorial Trail, New Jersey citizens, local officials, and advocacy groups, the dream of creating a nine-mile, 135-acre linear park in Northern New Jersey is very close to collapsing as leaders in New Jersey allow project deadlines to expire.
With the purchase contract secured with Norfolk Southern Rail Corporation set to expire, the company will soon be free to start selling off pieces of the line and the adjoining property it owns --and there are already offers on the table.

Please contact the Governor's Office urging him to not allow this once in a lifetime opportunity to slip away.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
If they blow this that’s the last chance to create a car-less path through that industrial hellscape. Jersey already has some of the worst cycling infrastructure as it is. I moved out of Essex but I would have loved an easier way to get to Jersey city to take the ferry to the city.

Top Bottom