Enduro - East Coast Racing

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
any one know the steel city enduro course ? supposedly its all new stages this year , looking to get out there 6/18 or 19

I know the trail system and they're not gonna cut new trails for the race so it's just a matter of what direction and combination they choose. I can't ride this week or weekend though but i can give you a "this year compared to last year" breakdown after they release the map if you want.

DanBrodeen

heading out saturday morning to pre ride , hopefully its marked , shooting for 9am start if you wanna join
@DanBrodeen any pocono guys pre riding ?
Yeah, I know Matt Arnold is going today. Not sure about tomorrow. There are maps on the event FB page.

Attachments

• Steel City 2016.jpg
    Steel City 2016.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 220

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Yeah, I know Matt Arnold is going today. Not sure about tomorrow. There are maps on the event FB page.
hmm that map is interesting. Looks like the transfer stages are going to be a lot longer the way they laid it out. It doesn't quite flow around the perimeter like previous years.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Schedule is up:

Ian F

Quite a schedule.

I wonder if the e-bike enduro will follow the EWS format with mostly descents and a "power" climbing stage or two.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So which of those races would be ones that mortal humans might be able to do?

Sevenz

Stick to mass series for mortal human experience. I mean nothing the esc does is mind blowing gnarly but if only doing a race or 2 it's expensive because your forced to buy a number plate for the whole season
What he said...

We mostly race ESC but that is really only due to my son racing both DH and Enduro... When no conflicts we always hit the mass series races...Much more grassroots feel, which I prefer.

Ian F

The ESC is sort of "AA" ball of racing series. Maybe AAA, since the US doesn't really have strong national series for DH, enduro or even XC. So while the ESC and MASS events at the same venues pretty much run on the same courses, many of the ESC racers do seem to take things a bit more seriously.

A MASS event at Glen Park or Blue Mtn would be good starter events, based on my experiences racing at both venues. I've ridden at most of the other venues listed, but only raced DH at a couple.

Unfortunately, while my shoulder is allowing me to ride aggressive terrain again, I have a lot of recovery training and overall fitness increases to make before I can race again and have the experience be fun. I still can't decide between DH and enduro. While I do enjoy enduro, there is just something about the intensity of DH racing and the need to get one course absolutely down.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Steel City is a good starter for MASS. Powder Ridge is probably the tamest for ESC. Glen park can actually be pretty intense at race speed.... but it’s awesome. I’d imagine Creek is probably the gnarliest in the MASS, maybe esc as well.

Robin

Bear Creek is also another one of the MASS enduros to try - if you've raced XC there, you've done at least one of the stages!

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Bear Creek is also another one of the MASS enduros to try - if you've raced XC there, you've done at least one of the stages!
Bear Creek destroyed me last year! It was the last race of the season so I was beat and dealing with injuries, but it felt like a multi stage XC race. I’m pretty sure I was in the saddle the entire last stage because I just couldn’t stand anymore. Never pre ride the day before...

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Plus the ESC website is just hard to look at. And the registration process is nebulous. The races are really spread out across the entire riding season, pick one.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Plus the ESC website is just hard to look at. And the registration process is nebulous. The races are really spread out across the entire riding season, pick one.
Do the Powder Ridge DH with me on may 23rd. Or do the night time enduro the day before and we’ll rip party laps at some point...

edit: the DH course at powder last year was like a moderate enduro stage.

Ian F

Do the Powder Ridge DH with me on may 23rd. Or do the night time enduro the day before and we’ll rip party laps at some point...

edit: the DH course at powder last year was like a moderate enduro stage.
Having ridden at Power Ridge, I'd agree with that. The trail crew does a good job with what they have, but the simple fact is it's not a very big hill. Some of my friends in the Westchester, NY area go there in lieu of Creek since it's a bit easier/closer to get to. And much less crowded, of course.

Top Bottom