Edge 305

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
LOL, well I'm not that serious about training either. I'm just saying, is all. Man if I paid for Sunday I'd demand a refund! I can screw up on my own just fine, thanks.

ArmyOfNone

Agreed. But a coach might have told me that being up for 20 plus hours and racing may have not been such a great idea.

Not like i would have listened...

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So I'm going to race myself tomorrow morning I guess. I saved my Monday ride as a course, and I have virtual partner turned on. So I imagine it will tell me how I'm doing against myself? Is it all automagic like that?

anrothar

entirely thrilled
it certainly is. you should be able to set it to beep whenever your monday self is ahead of your today self.

D

DANSPANK

So I'm going to race myself tomorrow morning I guess. I saved my Monday ride as a course, and I have virtual partner turned on. So I imagine it will tell me how I'm doing against myself? Is it all automagic like that?

I haven't got my thingy here but when you get the virtual partner thing up you can select different views for the bottom half of the screen. You could have a white biker and a black biker showing the ditance between you, you can have an overhead map showing the relative locations along the trail but my favourite is the profile view where the two dots indicate relative locations along a profile view of your course. You can race yourself up little sections of the route, see if you gain/loose distance against your previous ride on hills and stuff.

In the first part of a course the other day, my former self kicked my current self's arse on the first part and my former self's dot left the screen! There was a head wind that was slowing me down. but then in the second half of the race i caught myself up and overtook my former self, beating myself by almost a mile!! I gave myself a high five and then clapped my former self home as I arrived a few minutes behind myself.

It's great for people with multiple personalities!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah it was pretty neat I have to say. I knew where I was going of course but following the course was easy. And I slaughtered my Monday self. Not fair since I raced Sunday and it was windy Monday. But so what, I still kicked my ass.

Monday:
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/2798451

Today:
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/2814805

I'm still working on the details, which is why moving time doesn't equal total time. I just randomly hit the start button at the wrong times when not on the bike. Regardless, I kicked my ass today.

D

DANSPANK

There's nothing better than beating yourself - sorry, perhaps that's another website...

anrothar

entirely thrilled
there is no need to hit the start/stop button except at the beginning and end of the ride. wether you do it or not, motion based will upload your total time/moving time as the same. hitting it mid-ride when stopped does absolutely nothing that will show up on motion based. unless you forget to hit start again.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
there is no need to hit the start/stop button except at the beginning and end of the ride. wether you do it or not, motion based will upload your total time/moving time as the same. hitting it mid-ride when stopped does absolutely nothing that will show up on motion based. unless you forget to hit start again.

No I just hit start by mistake, like at night 3 hours after the ride when I was playing with the thing. By "thing" I mean GPS.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I looked it up in the urban slang dictionary and it was, um, slightly different.

ArmyOfNone

with the weather the way its been, campus is running rampid with FMB's

Only if i would have known what this place was like before i started working here...:hmmm: :hmmm:

Top Bottom