Edge 305

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
can you program a way point, such as a trail head or point of interest, with the 205/305?

Yeah, I've read it in the manual but never did it. That might be good for marking your car if you get lost, or if you're using it to find the trail head. But if you get lost you can always reverse course and follow your own track on the map.

Shaggz

A strong 7
i was riding yesterday, and found some points that I want to go back and explore further. I figured creating a way point would be a great way to easily find them again

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i was riding yesterday, and found some points that I want to go back and explore further. I figured creating a way point would be a great way to easily find them again

Check out the marks, or something like that. Might be in the lap part of the manual. I think you can set the lap button to act as a mark button. I should really play with it more on the loacl rides I do so then if I screw something up I don't lose anything I don't want to.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I'm really beginning to consider one of these gizmos, though it'll likely be a 205.

I've never used a computer on the mtb in 15 years of riding, but the lack of BS that seems to be involved in riding with one of these, added to the ability to get some climbing data, is becoming mighty attractive to me.

Of course, there's no lack of other dumb stuff I can blow my money on, so we'll see...

D

DANSPANK

I'm a big fan. Just simply uploading, checking our your climbing and then seeing your route on Google Earth is cool enough but when you start racing yourself on familiar loops, it just gets better!

J-Dro

I wonder how they are going to maintain a waterproof seal with the microSD slot. That nice color display on the new model looks like it might suck battery power pretty fast too. I gotta say, my 205 worked like a champ during the deluge at the 24 hour race. Never lost signal under heavy cloud and tree cover and the water was hitting it from every direction like a dishwasher.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I wonder how they are going to maintain a waterproof seal with the microSD slot. That nice color display on the new model looks like it might suck battery power pretty fast too. I gotta say, my 205 worked like a champ during the deluge at the 24 hour race. Never lost signal under heavy cloud and tree cover and the water was hitting it from every direction like a dishwasher.

Do you spend much time in dishwashers?

That 705 price is pretty steep. What happened to 405, 505, and 605? Just jump right to 7 to justify the price hike?

My amplifier goes to 11.

ArmyOfNone

There is a 605, but as w/ the 205 to the 305 there is no cadence/hr. I'm drooling at the 705 but man that is a lot of money! I really like the map feature. It would be great for riding the road. Another super cool thing is you can wirelessly send rides from one to another. Although im sure you will not see to many of these around.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Will we soon see blowout prices on the 205 & 305? I know they can be had at significant discounts already.

One way or the other, I'll be acquiring one of these gizmos in the next few weeks. Gotta keep up with the cool kids, you know?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Will we soon see blowout prices on the 205 & 305? I know they can be had at significant discounts already.

One way or the other, I'll be acquiring one of these gizmos in the next few weeks. Gotta keep up with the cool kids, you know?

The cool kids from 2005 and 2006, of course. :)

I have to imagine you'll be able to get the 205 for less than $100 before long.

Top Bottom