Edge 305

Did you configure the motionbased agent to tell it your motionbased username? I can't tell from your post if your trying to upload data to motionbased or if you are trying to download a course from motionbased and load it on the gps.

I was trying to do both. Basically here's how it went.

- Load training center
- Plus in GPS. Windows says it found GArmin GPS
- Try to start training center, it says no GPS is connected
- Windows still telling me Garmin is connected
- Uninstall "new" training center, revert to 3.23 version
- Training center now sees GPS
- Motionbased agent installed
- No problem pulling yesterday's ride down, sends to website
- Cannot upload a course I found to the GPS
- Import the course to training center, upload to GPS

So I got what I needed, in the end. But it was a joke getting it there.

Yes, but unless you pony up for an $8/month subscription, you only have access to your last 10 rides on motionbased.

You mean I can see your ride but you can't? I mean if I find a ride by Sean I click his name and see all 50 rides he's posted up. Can't you just do that for yourself?

I R confused.

You mean I can see your ride but you can't? I mean if I find a ride by Sean I click his name and see all 50 rides he's posted up. Can't you just do that for yourself?

I R confused.

Interesting question. I just assumed that Sean pays for the premium service. I would be curious to see if other people can see rides that I can't. I deleted a few 'junk' rides to stay below 10 for now.

Ah, that could very well be it. I can't imagine that Fred, Jake, and Sean all pay?

I guess you can't go upload a file at work and test it now can you?

i do not pay...yet. Its on the list of things to do however. You can see others rides who subscribe as far back as they go. as long as they pay.

So I assume that this means if you log out and just browse anonymously, you should be able to see all your rides?

I didn't even log out, I just clicked Fred's link from his blog post, then clicked his username. Were you able to see all his rides?

I didn't even log out, I just clicked Fred's link from his blog post, then clicked his username. Were you able to see all his rides?

I was agreeing with you Norm. I can see all of Fred's rides but I assume he can only see the last 10 if he is logged in as Fred. If he were to log out and then do a search for his username, he should be able to see them all too.

Edit: I just verified that this works. I uploaded an 11th ride. While I was logged in as me, my oldest was greyed out and I couldn't access the data. Then, I logged out and searched the database for my username. All 11 rides were accessible.

I wouldn't mind paying a one time fee to upgrade at motionbased, but I don't need another monthly bill to pay. Plus, as soon as you stop paying, you lose access to all the rides anyway.

Last edited:
I was agreeing with you Norm. I can see all of Fred's rides but I assume he can only see the last 10 if he is logged in as Fred. If he were to log out and then do a search for his username, he should be able to see them all too.

Oh oh oh, I see. Yes I think that would be possible. When I get more than 10 rides in I can better say. I would bet that if you just linked directly to your profile it would show everything.

paying get's you a much more detailed analysis of your ride, with everything broken down into finer increments. i'm pretty sure you can pay it as a once a year fee jeff. i don't get a monthly deduction from motionbased on ym statements.

if you're serious about training, quite a bit of it is useful. without using your gps' training functions, you can basically figure out how long it took you to climb a given hill, what your average speed and heart rate was for that hill, etc.

should be. it takes what info it has and breakss it into smaller increments in order to better evaluate the ride.

If you're serious about training you buy a power meter and a coach.

Back
Top Bottom