• I have ridden one in a trail for over an hr and I am considering one

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never give up my analog bike but I’ll still get an ebike

Votes: 34 14.3%
  • Did he just say analog bike?

Votes: 35 14.7%
  • My knees are failing and an ebike in inevitable

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • My next bike will certainly be an ebike.

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never own an ebike, even when I’m 90

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Ebikes cause more trail damage than analog bikes

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Ebikes have no more trail impact than a traditional bike.

Votes: 63 26.5%
  • I hate anyone on an ebike

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Anyone on a bike is a friend of mine, ebike or not

Votes: 89 37.4%
  • I’ve been seeing ebikes in the woods regularly

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • I’ve never seen an ebike on the trail

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • It's called an Acoustic bike

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • “I may consider one after my body is all used up and broken"

Votes: 64 26.9%
  • I already own an off-road Ebike

Votes: 29 12.2%
  • I have no interest in an e-bike

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • Arguing against ebikes is kerfuffle

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I like Matty no matter what he rides

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters

serviceguy

He brought up a good point he wanted to ride after the race Saturday on Sunday but felt too tired ired now he has no excuse.
Do you write/speak with an echo now? Shouldn't it be tired ired red ed dddd ? LOL sorry, couldn't resist! Oh wait, is it e-bike induced? LOL sorry again!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Do you write/speak with an echo now? Shouldn't it be tired ired red ed dddd ? LOL sorry, couldn't resist! Oh wait, is it e-bike induced? LOL sorry again!
Lol maybe i shouldnt be Talk posting, I was driving and didn't read what I posted. Yes I was breaking the law again.

serviceguy

Lol maybe i shouldnt be Talk posting, I was driving and didn't read what I posted. Yes I was breaking the law again.
I'm thinking (mark the day on the calendar) do e-bike come with talk mode (you talk your e-bike into pedaling) ? That would have me SOLD 100%

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I hear what you're saying but here's my take... on a mountain bike, which is what we're talking about on this forum, the handle bar is just a single strip of fancy tubing. It is not an assembly comprised of multiple parts put together. There can be examples to counter just about any argument but that usually deviates from what the focus is. Even in the picture example you had to find a motorcycle with a 2-piece handle bar design where there are plenty of motorcycles with a single handle bar design... and you had to step out of the mountain bike world to prove your point. As for the suspension fork. I go back again to it being an assembly of parts rather than calling out the individual parts to make the whole. Yes, a single fork may have multiple parts such as the legs but how can we let the number of legs justify the pluralization of the single fork assembly? It is a single suspension fork with multiple legs and many other parts. A single typical mountain bike has 2 wheels, two pedals, and multiple gears and we still say it is a single bike by not letting the parts that make up the bike influence the pluralization of it.

That is why we have bikes, not bike :D

the etymology stands on its own. why do we say things are 'pretty dope' ?
handlebars seems to work - forks is dumb.

wonder if there is also the idea of holding onto two places - where it is actually handlesbar :D
which of course is akin to flutterby. ;)

The Kalmyk

Didn't make it - the distribution of weight on the bike made it impossible to get low enough to keep pedaling and keep the back wheel planted while not having the front wheel come up.
made it a bit farther than the fatbike when i was in good shape -

there was this tho. :)
I even dabbed a couple times on the Zee Climb.

View attachment 183009

Going relatively hard, took me an hour to get all the way around RV. It is usually 2+.

Get an ebike and update us on relative comparison 🙂

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Installing Cheat Codes.

20220420_150916.jpg

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sooo many e-things on the streets of Paris…
E-bike shares, e-scooter shares, e-moped shares. Tonnes of everyday commuter e-bikes. Food delivery, mini cargo bikes, family bikes with one or TWO kid seats on the back. Also, electric charging stations for cars all over the place. Lots of the cars there are hybrids or all electric.
Strangely enough, the noisiest things on the streets were the ICE scooters.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I had no idea that even existed and it's been out for a year. You can remove the battery/motor package and save 6.4lbs but it still weighs 6-7lbs more than a non-e Supercal.
I cant say I get this one as someone who has owned many super light XC bikes....I mean the point of them is to deal with the meh downhill capabilities in order to go uphill as fast as possible....They dont handle all that well to begin with so i certainly wouldnt want to make one heavier...With a motor, give me my pivot firebird, 170mm of travel and it can still go fast uphill.

EDIT....wow look at this...36lb bike and they are still using the RockShox SID Ultimate fork....UGH...that is just a bad idea. You have the motor, put a proper fork on it and add 200grams, who cares.

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
update.

Put some more time on the Moterra.

This round was doing race markings and light tm in Waway. The big difference from Jungle was pulling a trailer.

Working in mostly tour or emtb (assist level 2 & 3 of 4 available) it moved like the trailer wasn't even back there.
Other than the occasional noise from scraping, the setup blew through rock gardens, tech climbs, and fire road bursts.
More experience meant being ahead of the bike with shifts and changing assist levels as needed.
Good experience - esp getting through stuff that I was riding for the first time.

The weight of the bike was less apparent - even with the trailer.
It did have a big bike feel, but not as different as my first couple rides.

Ran flats instead of the SPDs this time - might have made a difference in the comfort level???

I may have ejected the collection of flags out on the trail somewhere.
Please pick them up and leave them by the beach if you see them!

0D42FFDC-A293-41F6-B68F-DD943C83DC75.jpeg

49052B75-EF29-4929-85CD-2CCFD0BBDB0A.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom