• I have ridden one in a trail for over an hr and I am considering one

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never give up my analog bike but I’ll still get an ebike

Votes: 34 14.3%
  • Did he just say analog bike?

Votes: 35 14.7%
  • My knees are failing and an ebike in inevitable

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • My next bike will certainly be an ebike.

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never own an ebike, even when I’m 90

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Ebikes cause more trail damage than analog bikes

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Ebikes have no more trail impact than a traditional bike.

Votes: 63 26.5%
  • I hate anyone on an ebike

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Anyone on a bike is a friend of mine, ebike or not

Votes: 89 37.4%
  • I’ve been seeing ebikes in the woods regularly

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • I’ve never seen an ebike on the trail

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • It's called an Acoustic bike

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • “I may consider one after my body is all used up and broken"

Votes: 64 26.9%
  • I already own an off-road Ebike

Votes: 29 12.2%
  • I have no interest in an e-bike

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • Arguing against ebikes is kerfuffle

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I like Matty no matter what he rides

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters

The Kalmyk

update.

Put some more time on the Moterra.

This round was doing race markings and light tm in Waway. The big difference from Jungle was pulling a trailer.

Working in mostly tour or emtb (assist level 2 & 3 of 4 available) it moved like the trailer wasn't even back there.
Other than the occasional noise from scraping, the setup blew through rock gardens, tech climbs, and fire road bursts.
More experience meant being ahead of the bike with shifts and changing assist levels as needed.
Good experience - esp getting through stuff that I was riding for the first time.

The weight of the bike was less apparent - even with the trailer.
It did have a big bike feel, but not as different as my first couple rides.

Ran flats instead of the SPDs this time - might have made a difference in the comfort level???

I may have ejected the collection of flags out on the trail somewhere.
Please pick them up and leave them by the beach if you see them!

View attachment 184551

View attachment 184552
😛😛

0FBB240B-37DB-4AC6-B70A-9F2E6377DEBC.jpeg

Kaleidopete

update.

Put some more time on the Moterra.

This round was doing race markings and light tm in Waway. The big difference from Jungle was pulling a trailer.

Working in mostly tour or emtb (assist level 2 & 3 of 4 available) it moved like the trailer wasn't even back there.
Other than the occasional noise from scraping, the setup blew through rock gardens, tech climbs, and fire road bursts.
More experience meant being ahead of the bike with shifts and changing assist levels as needed.
Good experience - esp getting through stuff that I was riding for the first time.

The weight of the bike was less apparent - even with the trailer.
It did have a big bike feel, but not as different as my first couple rides.

Ran flats instead of the SPDs this time - might have made a difference in the comfort level???

I may have ejected the collection of flags out on the trail somewhere.
Please pick them up and leave them by the beach if you see them!

View attachment 184551

View attachment 184552
I rode sitting bear, timber, south end and cherry ridge today. No tools, only some signs and 1 flag. Left em by the beach fire pit
Dsc08171.jpg
Dsc08174.jpg

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Looking over the poll just for the heck of it, and I call bullshit on many, I'd bet my bike on it.
You can hate it all you want but it's not going away, in fact it's only going to get more in your face. Class 1 mtbs are getting the support from all the major trail advocates.

The Kalmyk

Looking over the poll just for the heck of it, and I call bullshit on many, I'd bet my bike on it.
You can hate it all you want but it's not going away, in fact it's only going to get more in your face. Class 1 mtbs are getting the support from all the major trail advocates.

I signed off on opening the trails to ebikes. The one you sent me.

Sounds and looks like you and Patty are really enjoying yourselves and that’s all that matters. That said, i am going to call you out cause you did say to me the bike with a motor you would ride at this point would have a throttle. 😛😛

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep

Sounds and looks like you and Patty are really enjoying yourselves and that’s all that matters. That said, i am going to call you out cause you did say to me the bike with a motor you would ride at this point would have a throttle. 😛😛
That's what all "real" mountain bikers say..................until they ride one in the woods.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's

This was true but I still live in NJ, so I did next best thing, tried an ebike. If I was to choose now between an ebike and a ICE bike, it probably be ebike. Still feels like a mtb because it is a mtb. I am riding trails I gave up on because I could no longer physically do them on a rigid SS. I'm not going any faster on my rides so come join me and you can decide if I got soft, that's an invite you should take.

Top Bottom