• I have ridden one in a trail for over an hr and I am considering one

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never give up my analog bike but I’ll still get an ebike

Votes: 34 14.3%
  • Did he just say analog bike?

Votes: 35 14.7%
  • My knees are failing and an ebike in inevitable

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • My next bike will certainly be an ebike.

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never own an ebike, even when I’m 90

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Ebikes cause more trail damage than analog bikes

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Ebikes have no more trail impact than a traditional bike.

Votes: 63 26.5%
  • I hate anyone on an ebike

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Anyone on a bike is a friend of mine, ebike or not

Votes: 89 37.4%
  • I’ve been seeing ebikes in the woods regularly

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • I’ve never seen an ebike on the trail

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • It's called an Acoustic bike

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • “I may consider one after my body is all used up and broken"

Votes: 64 26.9%
  • I already own an off-road Ebike

Votes: 29 12.2%
  • I have no interest in an e-bike

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • Arguing against ebikes is kerfuffle

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I like Matty no matter what he rides

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters

EJphotos

Here's another one I'm looking at:

1619788637827.png

Aventon Level Commuter. Throttle up to 20 MPH. Pedal Assist to 28 MPH. Rear hub motor, which is okay for where I live since it's flat. $1699. Local bike shop that is 7 miles away from me on the island is an authorized dealer so I'd purchase through them.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
I could see mistaking this for an old Rupp mini bike or moto at a glance.
We're assembling an Amazon POS copy of one of these. No actual suspension, just decals and probably won't last as long as the bike has been sitting in the basement here waiting to be built.

EJphotos

I was looking at Super73 and similar models from other companies. For what they are, they are heavy. Around the 100lb range. Some less, some more. And I don't know if that seat would be comfortable after a bit.

JerseyPete

I went for a walk after dinner and saw a kid on one, without a helmet, about 14 years old. My wife said that those bikes are all over town now. Weird seeing one on the streets, looked like a fatbike trying to be a dirtbike.

JerseyPete

This setup isn't staying like this much longer.

View attachment 160768
Are you looking at bafang?
I know two people that have them. They chose it because they need to easily remove wheels to squeeze into a Piper.

EJphotos

Are you looking at bafang?
I know two people that have them. They chose it because they need to easily remove wheels to squeeze into a Piper.
Ha, actually yes.

It's actually what I have on the way

EJphotos

Aside from being able to fit in a small aircraft, they said that it has gotten them outdoors far more often and covering many more miles. They said the install and operation is pretty good and that is was a decent price compared to others they looked at.
Yeah honestly my plan is to use it for commuting to work. The bafang motor setup will be much lighter, more efficient, and just better overall than the hub motor that's on there now.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
I recently did a fleet overhaul and although no ebikes of any kind in my garage at the moment, there is a chance that I will replace one of my bikes with an electric one. I'll still have my analog versions but I'm not opposed to going digital. Haters going to hate and if that's the only thing they hate about me then I'm good.

Ian F

That's... interesting... some of the parts choices make me question whether or not it's actually a real bike.

Anyway, the new Orbea Rise looks really good. Similar weight as that new fancy Specialized, yet with better range and less $$$$. Although "less" when talking e-bikes is still on the expensive side... Still... I'm thinking that within a few years, prices will continue to fall for bikes similar to this one.

That's... interesting... some of the parts choices make me question whether or not it's actually a real bike.

Anyway, the new Orbea Rise looks really good. Similar weight as that new fancy Specialized, yet with better range and less $$$$. Although "less" when talking e-bikes is still on the expensive side... Still... I'm thinking that within a few years, prices will continue to fall for bikes similar to this one.
I'll let the purists argue over " real bike " . It just looks like fun and I like fun.

( and I totally agree - like most things technical , prices will come down with adoption and better production schedules )

rick81721

Lothar

Wow they are just about there. Who would know that's an ebike?? all in!

Ian F

I'll let the purists argue over " real bike " . It just looks like fun and I like fun.

( and I totally agree - like most things technical , prices will come down with adoption and better production schedules )
I don't mind how it looks and the ideas shown. It's just that some of the parts spec are... odd. Like the narrow flat bars... and 2 piston brake calipers. It looks like a concept put together by a talented industrial designer, but not someone who actually knows a lot about current bike specs. With some additional development I could see it working and reaching a market.

Top Bottom