DH Bike Choices aka pushing the limits to the N+1 rule

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
yup tone doesnt come through in text based communications . . .
C3EC68C0-1523-4667-94E8-3BE2AC2EE328.jpeg

JonF

Well, I just had to do it!

I've been eyeing a few US based bike co's to see if they'd drop a new 170/180mm super enduro (Ibis, GG, Pivot, Trans, etc) with long geometry but nothing exactly to that spec yet. When Nukeproof dropped the new GIGA, it caught me by surprise but it really ticked all the right boxes feature wise plus its available in XXL with a very generous reach. The Elite spec is very nice spot, value-wise, with SLX, Fox X2 and Perf Elite 38. Most importantly, that shit was IN STOCK!

I think i'm going to have the fork worked over in some way and explore a coil shock option (maybe a Push or EXT). My last bike beat the piss out of my hands at Creek so supple is the name of the game on this one.

IMG_20210205_145310.jpg

Last edited:

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think i'm going to have the fork worked over in some way and explore a coil shock option
Avalanche downhill racing 🤘 drop an open bath damper in that fork , best suspension mod ive done to date and I've pretty much tried everything besides fox live valve lol 😆

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Well, I just had to do it!

I've been eyeing a few US based bike co's to see if they'd drop a new 170/180mm super enduro (Ibis, GG, Pivot, Trans, etc) with long geometry but nothing exactly to that spec yet. When Nukeproof dropped this, it caught me by surprise but it really ticked all the right boxes feature wise plus its available in XXL with a very generous reach. The Elite spec is very nice spot, value-wise, with SLX, Fox X2 and Perf Elite 38. Most importantly, that shit was IN STOCK!

I think i'm going to have the fork worked over in some way and explore a coil shock option (maybe a Push or EXT). My last bike beat the piss out of my hands at Creek so supple is the name of the game on this one.

View attachment 151024
Jon that’s awesome! Forget about just being in stock. That bike is SICK! Congrats man. Ride the sh*t out of it before dropping more $ on upgrades.

JonF

Jon that’s awesome! Forget about just being in stock. That bike is SICK! Congrats man. Ride the sh*t out of it before dropping more $ on upgrades.
I'm stoked! The short travel trail bike i was nursing down the hill last season was killing my wrists and was downright scary on the tech. Eager to finally conquer some rocks with this beast.

Top Bottom