DH Bike Choices aka pushing the limits to the N+1 rule

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
He’s even including lights! 😆 Seriously though, this is a pretty good deal.

yes - in the 'too good to be true' category, not to mention where it is located.
Bet he has someone coming, but would take a deposit to hold it.

THATmanMANNY

Oh shit. Hope you are doing okay. Be well!
Real talk, your household family should be quarantine lock down and assume they have to too whatever the test results are.

Last edited:

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Oh shit. Hope you are doing okay. Be well!
Real talk, your household family should be quarantine lock down and assume they have to too whatever the test results are.
Thanks. Wife got the positive diagnosis on Thursday. I got mine today. Kids were tested yesterday but they seem to be totally fine. I’m a bit fatigued. Wife got a vaccine 10 days ago so she’s already starting to feel better. Regardless, we’re all stuck home for another 12 days. 🙁

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm so bad at keeping up with threads. So yes, trigger pulled. After pondering the dual crown path and some convincing from my son; I stayed with an enduro-style bike. In the long run, I'm planning any DH racing so I just don't see the need for full-on DH bike. I went with a YT Capra 29 Elite. 29? I have a 27.5 Enduro in the Remedy. I plan on using it mostly for park runs but have other places in mind that I would like to ride it (Glen Park, parts of Wildcat, Stephens). The big factor was just availability. I looked at the new Trek Slash (July-August), Commencal (July), GG Gnarvana (??? - moving target) + others. I also wanted the Fox 38 if I wasn't going dual crown.

I've only looked at it so far. I'm waiting for my RideWrap to come in and I have to put in the CushCore inserts.
For the $$$ it's an insane build. Everything is made in Taiwan, but the fit and finish look really good. Nice paint, good tires. Looking forward to sending it.

YT1.jpg

YT2.jpg
YT3.jpg

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Looks sick. One of my riding buddies has basically the same build and it slays in the tech. Extremely planted and stable bike.
Yeah, that's the FB I got from a couple of people that I know that ride one. Not quite as poppy as some other rides, maybe a little draggy out of turns but fast and stable when you hit the go button. Obviously ^^^ I have other bikes I can ride.;)

Top Bottom