Darkhorse Singlespeed-a-polooza?

maddawg

ok, so the season is winding down and we are already brewing up ideas for next year.
so read below and give us some feedback.

we were thinking about a singlespeed only race at stewart.
categories open men and open women
preem cards and schwag for prizes

2 laps maybe 12-15 miles each maybe less maybe more

maybe no laps, checkpoint style?

bbq and bev's post race?

would you come?
would you bring a friend?
sound interesting or stupid?

were big boys give us your opinion.

thanks

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
IMO, more local races is better.

Let's do a joint MTBNJ-Darkhorse Poker Run. Pick a cause (like my bank account) and make it happen!

maddawg

come on norm you got that fancy sir9 that you are ruining with all those gears!!!

get out and ride it like it was meant to be ridden!!

i have something else in mind that is sort of like a poker run. but that may or may not be disclosed at some other point.........

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Sounds great. Checkpoint-style would be an interesting change, but any riding in Stewart is good riding. You guys always put on excellent events, so I'm sure it will be cool no matter what. Sign me up.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have a gearless bike. My first sentence was encouraging you to do something, anything. More races (not racers) is better.

SS does limit your field, no question. But I say go for it.

BiknBen

maddawg said:
would you come?
would you bring a friend?
sound interesting or stupid?

we're big boys give us your opinion.

thanks

The H2H Sport and Expert SS class are not exactly overflowing. Do you really expect to have enough of a turnout to make it worth the effort?

I made it to the Gallup this year (Expert SS) but haven't done the DH40. I would like to do the 40 but doubt that I would travel up there three times in the same season.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
If it's going to be a true SS race, it should lack as much formality as possible, and it should be mandatory *pre-ride* beverages instead of post (or time bonuses for those who consume between laps?). A good party with a bike race on the side would be just about right. ;)

Not sure if your insurer would go for that, though. ;)

BiknBen

If it's going to be a true SS race, it should lack as much formality as possible, and it should be mandatory *pre-ride* beverages instead of post (or time bonuses for those who consume between laps?). A good party with a bike race on the side would be just about right. ;)

I drank beer during the Escape from Granogue race in the MASS series. It didn't help my performance but it made the event more funnerer.

I didn't want to sound like a downer in the previous post. I just thought that crimping the racers to SS only would hinder the race's potential turnout.

I do like the party/festival atmosphere with a race on the side though.

The Kalmyk

I'm game for this...I ride better with some a little adult soda...Are these races ran elsewhere or is that your idea?

maddawg

well i think a lot more people have ss's than show up to race ss at the series races. chasing points and being real racer types and what not. i would like this maybe draw them out and by making it a little bit more of a fun "race type" atmosphere i think it will.
in true singlespeed form pre-during-and post beverages would be encouraged!!!

keep the info coming

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
i missed the DH40 this year but loved it last year, i have an SS, so I guess I could be easily persuaded to go :D

i'll bring 1 or more friends too.

maddawg

SSWC and i think this year they had a southern states singlespeed championships.

maybe if we get motivated it could be the northeast singlespeed championship of the universe!!!!!!

Top Bottom