Darkhorse Singlespeed-a-polooza?

CrossAddict

In

Would this be a summertime event? There seems to be a lack of races in the summer and an event like this would surely be fun. The DH40 was top notch!!:) I'm in on what ever DH cycles is putting on. Your events rock!

-rf

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
How about time bonuses for more bike oriented stunts.

There are lots of fast riders and lots of good tech riders and lots of trials riders and lots of really good beer drinkers (Norm). The checkpoint format sounds cool, but maybe incorporate a "stunt" at each checkpoint to get bonuses - something for everyone. Options may be:
1. Shotgun a PBR (thats for Norm)
2. Ride a skinny for 20 ft (or downed tree ride)
3. Bunny hop a log pile
4. Do a drop off (2 to 4 ft)
5. Bonus for fastest up a section
6. Bonus for fastest down a section
7. Bonus for riding a tough rock garden clean (no dabs)
8. Climb a tree

I remember when I worked at Bicycle Tech I went to a Trek show in Wisconsin at some "resort" in Oconomowoc. They had a time trial, that included a bike obstacle course - a slalom, then you had to do some bike polo and get a ball in a bucket. Then race up hill and race downhill. Then down a pint (optional).

Last edited:

RNG1

1 speed

I would be into this, knowing myself this would be the only way I would ever really give a single a fair shake. Just make sure you give us enough time to throw one together.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep

8. Climb a tree

ROFL!

Actually, I love the crazy stuff that doesn't have anything to do with mastered bike handling skills, cause I haven't mastered much, well, besides rolling down hills fast. :rofl:

I'd love to get points on you non-beginners for racing Mare45's hippity hop for 20 feet.

Eileen

3. Bunny hop a log pile
8. Climb a tree

I LIKE THIS :D:D:D

RNG1

For people that don't have a ss can we just put a tie wrap around the shifters so they don't work?:D

Panhead

There are lots of fast riders and lots of good tech riders and lots of trials riders and lots of really good beer drinkers (Norm). The checkpoint format sounds cool, but maybe incorporate a "stunt" at each checkpoint to get bonuses - something for everyone. Options may be:
3. Bunny hop a log pile
8. Climb a tree

Sounds like Sean's Buzzards Bash.;)

maddawg

this is all good stuff and i am psyched by the feedback.

keep it coming.

i am liking the checkpoint idea but not sure if that would fly for this. i am also liking the bonus point idea. i'm sure we could come up with some interesting "feats of strength and mental agility"!!

things to ponder during the winter months.....

when to do it?

spring?
summer? too many conflicts?
fall? conflicts with cross? hunting season

winter? brrrrrrrr

hmmm.....

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Do a primer in the winter. Call it a dry run.

I would vote for summer. Too few things to do in the middle of the summer for those of us who don't travel the world and ride 100 milers.

Panhead

Have one each season. We'll vote on when it's best then officially have it the following year.
If not I vote for winter.

BiknBen

when to do it?

spring?
summer? too many conflicts?
fall? conflicts with cross? hunting season

winter? brrrrrrrr

hmmm.....

Racers that participate in the H2H series are often crying that there are so few races during the summer. July and August are completely blank. There is basically an early racing season and then a Fall season. Then again the DH40 is already in that spot on the calendar.

Go with Spring and take your chances in April. Most racers are itching to get out and the first H2H race doesn't appear until May 1.

xc62701

Racers that participate in the H2H series are often crying that there are so few races during the summer. July and August are completely blank. There is basically an early racing season and then a Fall season. Then again the DH40 is already in that spot on the calendar.

Go with Spring and take your chances in April. Most racers are itching to get out and the first H2H race doesn't appear until May 1.

July and August are only blank if you are closed minded...Look elsewhere - there's tons of stuff going on ;)

onetracker

This is a cool idea; especially the checkpoint idea. I only ride my SS occasionally but this would provide motivation to ride my SS more frequently. I would say do this early in the year like April to really start the season off in a fun manner. Also, I think that you should have a rider/dog team class! :D

Top Bottom