Current Conditions

Have fun whoever is going. I'll be at work:mad: I'm getting winter fat blues again.:cry: Nothing a little beer won't smooth out. Have a great ride.

Everything is super frozen, but not so fast. There are ruts everywhere. I'd say 60-75% of the trails are rutted. Its bad enough to impact your riding. I don't know how I still have teeth...I sure wouldn't if I was riding rigid. Lots of hooved mammal prints too.

I'm looking forward to the first TM.

I got back a little while ago and some spots are rutted out. It's frozen and fun. My only qualm is the bit on the red trail that got rerouted (steep drop down and then back up). Leading into that dip is a left turn that has some nasty water erosion down the middle that grabs your tire and aims you right at the edge of that hill which is a 6-7 foot drop into the creek. I'd be careful there ;)

Everything is super frozen, but not so fast. There are ruts everywhere. I'd say 60-75% of the trails are rutted. Its bad enough to impact your riding. I don't know how I still have teeth...I sure wouldn't if I was riding rigid. Lots of hooved mammal prints too.

I'm looking forward to the first TM.

I'm glad I had my soft tail. It reminded me of Chimney Rock in places. :( It will take a lot of work to get it back in shape.

There is also a good deal of damage from horses, but nowhere near what bikes have done.

The only up-side in seeing the damage from horses is that a full 100% of the blame for the wrecked trails can't be aimed solely at bikes.

We were out Sat. a.m. and got rattled on our hardtails at some spots. We stayed on the track (like good little ethical bikers) and got punished for it by being kicked around from the frozen ruts. Just wasn't as fun as we know it can be. If we had any idea it was going to be like this, we would've headed to CR, where we expect to get beat up a little. Of course, then we'd miss the twisty trails SM is know for.

Starting from the 27 lot it was awesome out there this AM. Did about an hour.

Good packed trail is setting up.

Maybe too warm now but the AM session on Monday should be stellar.

Starting from the 27 lot it was awesome out there this AM. Did about an hour.

Good packed trail is setting up.

Maybe too warm now but the AM session on Monday should be stellar.

Good to hear, I'm planning on jumping in there sometime before noon tomorrow :)

-Jim.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions