Clean Start

JerseyPete

good point.
OTOH i have a perfectly good vac pump as pictured.
took a while sucking cold/old oil through a 3/32 line.....but it got done.
I bet op could suck a golf ball through a garden hose - Drill Sergeant  Nasty - quickmeme

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Okeydoke.

Cylinder pressure. 40/75/85/75
Ain't gunna get. No boom boom from that.
Think it would at least make some noises tho. This may be over....

Patrick

Staff member
Is that with valves in spec? Can you get parts for a rebuild?

Everything is available - it is more about 'do i want to?' -

I can actually order an assembled head on amazon for $600.
Given i'm into it for about $300 right now (and a couple hundred i spent a couple years back),
I could bundle all the new parts + part it out.....

@w_b thinks it should start (or at least make starting noises) with a little cheating - even with those numbers.
I'll grab my borescope, and do a leakdown later today.

Patrick

Staff member
Sonofa...

0792EB06-5853-41FF-A23C-F0CA1227653B.jpeg

Tooka couple days to test positive. I've had a headache, but i attributed that to alcohol combined with dehydration. Body started to hurt, but attruted that to moving some tree trunks. Fatigue, well you see me posting at 3am, so I'm always tired. Throat and stomach issues started and today was the day.

So far just feel sucky as outlined above. It hurts to cough. Now to tell everyone at the 80th birthday I went to on Saturday.

Patrick

Staff member
Have you tried a little ether?
picked the wrong week Airplane, Lloyd Bridges, Clips, Movie, Video, Funny, Comedy, glue, glbt media, ryan, monett, ryan monett, movie clip, airplane clip, movie airplane clips discover-airplane sniffing glue GIF

Just to see if some of the cylinders are firing?

I did. Got nada. Spark checked out ok tho.

There was a little kick when cranking. Just a hint. Since it has been 100 out, haven't messed with it

Patrick

Staff member
And what about the engine??
Other than the motor, is everything else cleaning up nice? How is the trailer?
What is your best guess, get it in the water and enjoy for under $2K all in?

I haven't messed with cleaning it - if it doesn't start, I need to make the decision about throwing good money/time at bad.
Probably recover 70% of the new parts installed. Looking at ebay, every working part has some value - they fit quite a few models.
Pull the motor, drop it at the scrapper, pull up to the landfill, and uncouple the boat - pull away fast!
Trailer looks good, except where someone (not me) liked to hit things with the fenders

If I replace the head with a slightly used one, and don't need to do the rings - probably another $400.
then 40 hours of interior work - which i've never done.

A running one in decent condition is only $3-4k - so......which is close to the salvage value parting it out.

w_b

I haven't messed with cleaning it - if it doesn't start, I need to make the decision about throwing good money/time at bad.
Probably recover 70% of the new parts installed. Looking at ebay, every working part has some value - they fit quite a few models.
Pull the motor, drop it at the scrapper, pull up to the landfill, and uncouple the boat - pull away fast!
Trailer looks good, except where someone (not me) liked to hit things with the fenders

If I replace the head with a slightly used one, and don't need to do the rings - probably another $400.

A running one in decent condition is only $3-4k - so......which is close to the salvage value parting it out.
C19 and now you finally are seeing it clearly. Feel better, get it running cheaply, maker sure it goes F-N-R on the trailer, very minor cleanup (2 hrs max) and out the door $$. Start off with a better donor on the next B.O.A.T.$ project.

and go get your other waterscooter running properly and get some gas thru it before winter.

Patrick

Staff member
and go get your other waterscooter running properly and get some gas thru it before winter.

Bad gas - @mattybfat took care of it.
That one gets properly winterized, wrapped, and stored inside.
Then they charge an unreasonable amount to powerwash the pontoons to prevent the spread of zebra muscles while putting it right back into the lake it came from.....

Think i'll take a ride in the little red car today. make me feel better.

rick81721

Lothar
Sonofa...

View attachment 193456

Tooka couple days to test positive. I've had a headache, but i attributed that to alcohol combined with dehydration. Body started to hurt, but attruted that to moving some tree trunks. Fatigue, well you see me posting at 3am, so I'm always tired. Throat and stomach issues started and today was the day.

So far just feel sucky as outlined above. It hurts to cough. Now to tell everyone at the 80th birthday I went to on Saturday.

Inevitable. Avoid the Paxlovid - it's just a cold now.

rick81721

Lothar

Gil_epi_Gb-Isl.jpg

i-think-its-broken-jemaine-clement.gif

Top Bottom