Clean Start

Usual Pat, but either is fine, along with a few other choice names....
thanks for asking!

Pat congers up that SNL character, like some of the crap I type, so figured I'd disambiguate for those wondering.
tumblr_m384zycRBg1r7r1l7o1_400.gif

I'm glad you're waiting to change your avatar, it would take me a good while to figure out who you were again.

Ya couldn't find anything with Daniel Henney? Cuz... you know.... that who I look like lol
(Wow... I'm making me sick!)

i think i could morph you into daniel into keanu - but who's got time for that.....

And just like that Fidodie is gone. Had a chat with @jdog today which really struck a chord.

We are all worried about privacy - but I know from my tech background, if you are posting here, it would probably take me 10 minutes to figure out
who you are. Beyond that - I render my opinion on topics, people, and general shit. Like the oxford comma I just used. And I'm going to own what
I say or do. I will not post anything here, that I won't say to you with a crowd standing around. This does not mean I won't PM you with an opinion.
I will also mention that my warped view of everything can be mis-understood. Just ask what I mean, if you found it offensive, derogatory, or
demeaning. Especially that Oxford comma - damn, 2x in same paragraph.

Our online community is different. I've said it before. We meet IRL (in real life) - and have to interact. This isn't some clan game where I have to
establish some online persona that is different than my own. I'm less chatty IRL, cause i don't process fast enough for spontaneous, non-topic
conversation. That's me. You got something in my wheelhouse, and I'll go all @UtahJoe on you.

Anyway - if anyone wants to get on the bus, let me know. I'll update your username.

A few people also came up to me this weekend and introduced themselves. I guess I post enough pics of me. I did look like Bruce Moonlighting Willis, but
not so much anymore. I'd still like him to play me in my biopic From Nowhere, to just outside of There.
Anyway, I'm going to change my avatar to a reasonable pic of me. Not too close-up, and no love handles, so you'll be ok.

One more thing that I'd like to reiterate. I try very hard to listen to what people are saying, and not how they say it.
I don't mind edgy, or fringe opinions. How can my opinion stand if i don't listen to others?

Anyway, /dissertation. Say hi if you see me. You'll probably just get a hello back, unless you want to talk about
the empirical evidence of the genetic propensity for people to congregate.....

About time. I've used my real name from day 1 - even include more than half my social security number! And of course my avatar is a photographic representation of my face ?

And just like that Fidodie is gone. Had a chat with @jdog today which really struck a chord.

We are all worried about privacy - but I know from my tech background, if you are posting here, it would probably take me 10 minutes to figure out
who you are. Beyond that - I render my opinion on topics, people, and general shit. Like the oxford comma I just used. And I'm going to own what
I say or do. I will not post anything here, that I won't say to you with a crowd standing around. This does not mean I won't PM you with an opinion.
I will also mention that my warped view of everything can be mis-understood. Just ask what I mean, if you found it offensive, derogatory, or
demeaning. Especially that Oxford comma - damn, 2x in same paragraph.

Our online community is different. I've said it before. We meet IRL (in real life) - and have to interact. This isn't some clan game where I have to
establish some online persona that is different than my own. I'm less chatty IRL, cause i don't process fast enough for spontaneous, non-topic
conversation. That's me. You got something in my wheelhouse, and I'll go all @UtahJoe on you.

Anyway - if anyone wants to get on the bus, let me know. I'll update your username.

A few people also came up to me this weekend and introduced themselves. I guess I post enough pics of me. I did look like Bruce Moonlighting Willis, but
not so much anymore. I'd still like him to play me in my biopic From Nowhere, to just outside of There.
Anyway, I'm going to change my avatar to a reasonable pic of me. Not too close-up, and no love handles, so you'll be ok.

One more thing that I'd like to reiterate. I try very hard to listen to what people are saying, and not how they say it.
I don't mind edgy, or fringe opinions. How can my opinion stand if i don't listen to others?

Anyway, /dissertation. Say hi if you see me. You'll probably just get a hello back, unless you want to talk about
the empirical evidence of the genetic propensity for people to congregate.....

I have lots of thoughts on this:

-We refer to you as "Fidodie, you know, Pat". Can you change your name to Pat so I don't start saying "Patrick, you know, Pat"​
-I lived most of my life without the Oxford Comma and it's really thrown me for a loop and I feel I may need to throw out everything I know to heart involving commas and make some drastic changes. (I'm actually serious about this)​
-I like the real names, or at least real-life nicknames. I have trouble keeping track of who's who. In fact I recently sold some stuff on here to someone, got it to them through the underground railroad of teammates, kept messaging them back and forth for the past week and then didn't know I was standing 5 feet from them most of Sunday.​
-On another forum I use my full first and last name as do many other members. I definitely think twice about what I post. Not for being rude/etc but for the thoughts of google searches, etc and what comes up for my name. I may feel strongly about topic X, but maybe I don't want that discussion out there. It's pretty comical what would come up with my generic username in the past, I can't imagine it now. For awhile my posts would show up as #1 in google for "Mustang Fuel Lines installation".​
-I have noticed you talk less in person than online. I didn't think to much into it. How about the next time I see you, explain to me something I should be aware of when redoing houses?​

oh wait, I didn't know @Patrick actually changed his name. What a bunch of crap, anyone else who asks for a name change gets a funny name but doesn't apply to admins. Please address @Norm.

And BTW, i rfer to Pat's name as

F-Odie
1200px-Odie_the_Dog.svg.png

I have lots of thoughts on this:

-We refer to you as "Fidodie, you know, Pat". Can you change your name to Pat so I don't start saying "Patrick, you know, Pat"​
-I lived most of my life without the Oxford Comma and it's really thrown me for a loop and I feel I may need to throw out everything I know to heart involving commas and make some drastic changes. (I'm actually serious about this)​
-I like the real names, or at least real-life nicknames. I have trouble keeping track of who's who. In fact I recently sold some stuff on here to someone, got it to them through the underground railroad of teammates, kept messaging them back and forth for the past week and then didn't know I was standing 5 feet from them most of Sunday.​
-On another forum I use my full first and last name as do many other members. I definitely think twice about what I post. Not for being rude/etc but for the thoughts of google searches, etc and what comes up for my name. I may feel strongly about topic X, but maybe I don't want that discussion out there. It's pretty comical what would come up with my generic username in the past, I can't imagine it now. For awhile my posts would show up as #1 in google for "Mustang Fuel Lines installation".​
-I have noticed you talk less in person than online. I didn't think to much into it. How about the next time I see you, explain to me something I should be aware of when redoing houses?​

It is interesting how the mind associates things - most likely scenario is to go through fidodie to remember my name - couple of people in my extended family, where i can't remember their name straight-away, i have to go through their spouse (which would be a cousin whom i've known forever.) I would also not recognize their kids out of context.

Comma Wars - i find this a fountain of mindless humor. Consider, "I'm going to dinner with my brother, Mom and Dad." Meaning Mom and Dad are still together, so see what that extra comma can do? That's right, it can end a relationship.....

My username was basically my name with some extra letters/numbers. That's just a product of being late to the party. Turns out I was able to get just my name so why not? I think it's pretty cool.

I always try and be civil even behind a keyboard. I can't tell you how many long winded posts I have deleted BEFORE hitting the "Post reply" button. The difference on this forum compared to many others is that we will almost certainly run into each other IRL.

Oh and I made an effort to revamp my comma use over the past year or so. Oxford commas are legit!

My username was basically my name with some extra letters/numbers. That's just a product of being late to the party. Turns out I was able to get just my name so why not? I think it's pretty cool.

I always try and be civil even behind a keyboard. I can't tell you how many long winded posts I have deleted BEFORE hitting the "Post reply" button. The difference on this forum compared to many others is that we will almost certainly run into each other IRL.

Oh and I made an effort to revamp my comma use over the past year or so. Oxford commas are legit!
I didn’t know who this guy Tim was on my strava... apparently it’s you! Lol

oh wait, I didn't know @Patrick actually changed his name. What a bunch of crap, anyone else who asks for a name change gets a funny name but doesn't apply to admins. Please address @Norm.

And BTW, i rfer to Pat's name as

F-Odie
1200px-Odie_the_Dog.svg.png

Difference - I didn't ask.
Odie was my cat's name. So was Fido. So was Rover. but Rover got runover, which is what rover is short for.....

I'm getting a crap load done too! pile of papers is almost cleared. this post-n-work stuff is fun.
Are you doing a final video recap of BIYF?

Difference - I didn't ask.
Odie was my cat's name. So was Fido. So was Rover. but Rover got runover, which is what rover is short for.....

I'm getting a crap load done too! pile of papers is almost cleared. this post-n-work stuff is fun.
Are you doing a final video recap of BIYF?
Difference - no one else can do it themselves. However, that is good, because it would be freaking impossible to keep track of the OOS people as they would have different names daily.

I had the video 75% done yesterday and I starting having internet issues / pictures not showing up, so I canned it. Getting to it shortly though....

Back
Top Bottom