Cars, it's electric! Do Do Do

Buy this house. It comes with a hydrogen powered toyota mirai. The hydrogen comes from an electrolyzer powered by solar panels. Never pay for gas, electric, eggs, or firewood ever again.
that's beautiful regardless of renewable but the extra ask it too much

anyone have a line on the the storage lift he's using for the mclaren?

Other options?

View attachment 163032 View attachment 163033

Car guy in our FL community has three 4 post lifts in his 3 car garage - keeps 6 sports/muscle cars in there. I think he said they are Bendpak

Wifey and I went to Tesla in Lawrenceville yesterday. She is still interested in the X but wants to drive one first. They said they wouldn't have any until maybe Nov - and even if you ordered one right now delivery would likely be Feb 2022!

You are looking to put a car high enough that you can get one underneath, correct? Does your garage/shop have the clearance including the door open?
I helped a guy unload a backyard buddy from the shipping company. Holy crap was that heavy! There were 5 of us and some pieces were a struggle.
Make sure you have dollies and friends when it arrives.

Wifey and I went to Tesla in Lawrenceville yesterday. She is still interested in the X but wants to drive one first. They said they wouldn't have any until maybe Nov - and even if you ordered one right now delivery would likely be Feb 2022!
Did she test drive any of them to see if she likes the solo screen and the FSD and AP modes?

dam $5000....granted its not for storage, but my bendpack midrise scissor was only $2000

relative to building another garage bay ??
Def need a drive-on with drip trays to park a car under there,
Also like that there is no second post to hit the car door in the neighboring bay.
had mclaren parked up there in vid. another $5k, meh.

shipping weight is 1800lbs. Would need two forklifts to get it off a truck!

Did she test drive any of them to see if she likes the solo screen and the FSD and AP modes?

No but we thought about that after leaving. Should probably at least test drive a Y model. Just sitting in one she was kinda freaked out about the giant computer screen and everything going thru that.

Also I was surprised at how spartan/dumpy the Lawrenceville place was - are they all like that? I was expecting a super-high tech experience inside - just a couple of chumps with laptops in a basically empty room with one car inside.

Also I was surprised at how spartan/dumpy the Lawrenceville place was - are they all like that? I was expecting a super-high tech experience inside - just a couple of chumps with laptops in a basically empty room with one car inside.

When your product basically sells itself and you can't make enough to keep up with demand, you don't really need a great sales experience.

No but we thought about that after leaving. Should probably at least test drive a Y model. Just sitting in one she was kinda freaked out about the giant computer screen and everything going thru that.

In 2015 I went to the one in Paramus. They had a nice setup with the model S subframe and motors and various other assemblies on the floor with people explaining it. That was 6 years ago, I don't know if they still have it. I should stop in as my wife is saying the model 3 would be nice.

relative to building another garage bay ??
Def need a drive-on with drip trays to park a car under there,
Also like that there is no second post to hit the car door in the neighboring bay.
had mclaren parked up there in vid. another $5k, meh.

shipping weight is 1800lbs. Would need two forklifts to get it off a truck!
With mine, the semi driver backed it UP my driveway....and you have seen my driveway, so picture that for a minute....then he got it off the truck with his liftgate.....Hardest part was me trying to get it off the pallet and onto the concrete

Admired the lines of the Taycan for a while on GSP then I hit Luda and forgot about it.
CF639478-EDA9-44DB-82D2-D69E12AC492E.jpeg

I think it looks pretty good for $60! 3 coats of dip and 3 coats glossifier. Mounting within a couple days
F4E91C48-72EB-4A42-B99C-4857610E4A21.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom