Cars, it's electric! Do Do Do

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
This was in a Municipal Fleet magazine. Maybe it works for guys that don't leave town, but I can't see any contractors picking these up. 200 mile range? I can do that some days by lunch.

View attachment 168498

On-site use? would be nice not to have those diesels idling. Indoor would work too, rather than propane.
Just don't forget to plug them in overnight!

ekuhn

On-site use? would be nice not to have those diesels idling. Indoor would work too, rather than propane.
Just don't forget to plug them in overnight!
Maybe for a University? School? Big Corporate Campus?

Then you'll have to pay the electricians to add charging stations/outlets at every building cause they forgot to plug them in overnight.

one piece crank

I just noticed someone at the local bank has a 4-door electric Wrangler (saw him plug in to a cord hanging out a window!). I didn't even know jeep made these.

Last edited:

Patrick

Staff member
Mining for metals and disposal of used batteries.

A little about Li battery life-span/re-use/recycling - not much hard info on how they'll recycle the battery.
Supply chain and "carbon cost" is interesting.

THATmanMANNY

Rivian take my money!

The worst
Entitled service rep via chat
A71A3643-6EC5-4A5F-BC9C-B658A7203E2A.jpeg
Issue with one of my seats
5F3FDE33-CD03-4334-8E20-C001A10B121D.jpeg

However, actually going to service and speaking to someone is total different mannerism. This chat support needs to die!

THATmanMANNY

At least they had the decency to call

Yes. My chat there.

My friend has GMC Yukon. Her dream car. Lol. It has real issues. Engine needs to be replaced lol

JerseyPete

NFW - this was you today?

a-hole gmc called me today to confirm they needed to put a battery in a tire pressure sensor.
how much is it going to cost for a $1 battery? They also needed to install a new valve stem. OMFG.
Will it be cheaper than replacing the TPMS assembly and having to reprogram it?

Patrick

Staff member
Will it be cheaper than replacing the TPMS assembly and having to reprogram it?

Whatever it is, it is going to suck. The tire was already off that rim also. I'm going to get really pissy tomorrow if I see a charge I don't like

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Tried a Tesla for the first time yesterday. Thing is crazy fast. My favorite feature is the whoopee cushion. I told my wife I want to get one. She said she will get me a whoopee cushion from the dollar store and save me $65K 🤷🏻‍♂️

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rivian take my money!

The worst
Entitled service rep via chat
View attachment 168979
Issue with one of my seats
View attachment 168980

However, actually going to service and speaking to someone is total different mannerism. This chat support needs to die!
What kind of car is this? Is this typical?

I had a $10,000 Hyundai Accent and during the 100k warranty the only thing I went to the dealership for was my headlights were foggy and they replaced them in 20 minutes with no issues.

Currently driving the cheapest car Honda makes and have no idea how they treat their customers for service as I haven't had any failures outside of needing new wiper blades in the first 90k of owning the car.

I'd assume spending more money on cars would get better service??

JerseyPete

Tried a Tesla for the first time yesterday. Thing is crazy fast. My favorite feature is the whoopee cushion. I told my wife I want to get one. She said she will get me a whoopee cushion from the dollar store and save me $65K 🤷🏻‍♂️
I tried one on 17 in Paramus on the last Saturday before Christmas. The AP was amazing. I can't imagine the FSD.
A friend that has one says the one pedal driving is awesome and the ability to change suspension/handling to 60/40 balance is pretty cool. I'm sure there is a lot more to them that I don't know.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
I tried one on 17 in Paramus on the last Saturday before Christmas. The AP was amazing. I can't imagine the FSD.
A friend that has one says the one pedal driving is awesome and the ability to change suspension/handling to 60/40 balance is pretty cool. I'm sure there is a lot more to them that I don't know.
The $10,000 self drive option is big $ but nice if one can afford it. Sorry, I’m just stuck on the built in whoopee cushion 😂🤘

THATmanMANNY

@Santapez I think everyone does too but ya know ASS U ME. Idiots are idiots and a holes are a holes.

Not typical. Early production 7 seater X with the folding second row bench seats. They are supposed to recline forward and release side forward for entry to 3rd row. Doesn’t do the sliding part. Got my work ticket in 3 days before basic warranty expiration. Keeping my fingers crossed for a short lead time on the parts needed.

THATmanMANNY

wow, they actually called me. It only took 4 days to make this such an easy conversation!

They have no ETA on the part and they said it's the entire seat assembly. They don't just replace the failing parts. Gosh, this means I'll never get it...

Top Bottom