Car vs me... I'll call it a draw

FAK!! Glad to hear you and your bike are ok.
What's more fucked up is that he had a bike rack, so he must be a biker too (unless it wasnt his car :hmmm:)

I always take extra caution around bikers since I know how it feels being at the other side of the equation... at least it seems he will get what he deserves.

i've been on the receiving end of that manoeuver a couple of times luckily never made contact... drivers are a - holes

if you can imagine its going to happen ..it usually will

holy hell, glad you are ok. Aren't you the same guy who's friend drove into the parking garage with the roof rack??? Some serious bad luck or something....

FAK!! Glad to hear you and your bike are ok.
What's more fucked up is that he had a bike rack, so he must be a biker too (unless it wasnt his car :hmmm:)

one time when i was still commuting and got cut off by a car with a bike rack, when i caught up with her at the next light and started lecturing her, she said to me that she understands she's a biker too. i told her no she doesn't understand cuz if she did we wouldn't be having this conversation.

the lesson is people turn into the worst shadow of themselves when behind the wheel and you can't trust anybody on the road. you're lucky you're ok and if there's any justice in the world this guy will lose his license and be sentenced to commuting by bike for the next year.

Glad you were ok. I would say your bike has some fatal hairline cracks...time for an upgrade! ;)

glad you walked away unharmed...good job keeping your cool...other folks would have gone mental on the guy. I guess this means you have a helmet now.

if there's any justice in the world this guy will lose his license and be sentenced to commuting by bike for the next year.

Glad you are okay....love this idea of the shoe on the other foot- they should take the guys license so he has to ride. I am scaredy when I ride on the road because of so many stories like this. I like the trail....trees rarely pass me and then turn, although sometimes I turn and hit them and then run away, so I would deserve it.:rolleyes:

Wowsers!! What an a-hole! I am glad you are ok! I had a close call too last year (although yours was closer) and if they stop to apologize, at least they are admitting they screwed up. Unfortunately your a-hole guy and many others just take off, not caring and thinking that bikers have no rights. Glad the cop was there to set this guy straight!

If the cop can't get a video, can we tie a-hole driver to a tree and throw rocks at him?

What's more fucked up is that he had a bike rack, so he must be a biker too.

He's probably a mountain biker. They show no respect for us roadies. ;)

Glad you are okay.

For others...This is a classic move done by motorist called a "right hook". People try to gun it and get around the rider as this driver did. They fail to recognize how fast the cyclist is moving until it is too late. Other times they are just clueless. There are many dangers riding on the road and this is one of the common ones. Think sharp as Elbiddy did.

Once again, I'm glad to read this one turned out the way it did.

Absolute total badass berserker! Elbid gets an instant honorary induction into The Goatriders Horde.............:getsome::D

holy hell, glad you are ok. Aren't you the same guy who's friend drove into the parking garage with the roof rack??? Some serious bad luck or something....

Yup that cost me $1400 worth of forks and $2000 worth of car repairs. My friend recently paid me back for it though so it's all even steven.

Glad you were ok. I would say your bike has some fatal hairline cracks...time for an upgrade! ;)

I sold my Iro Mark V to a friend and now I'm looking to pick up a cx commuter/race bike since bigger tires making popping wheelies over train tracks easier heh.

On a side note, my gloves are not meant for the cold after about 8 miles I couldn't feel my finger tips, I'm going to make a big trip to halter's one of these days and pick up a new rear blinky, some gloves, and maybe a bike :drooling: hahah

daaaamn man! its good to hear you are ok. my brother got pinned between a guardrail and a box truck that didnt see him. lucky for him he was able to stay on the bike and truck ended up moving. that + 45 mph downhill can be preeettyyy scary id imagine.

The bike gods were smiling favorably on you today my friend :)

Glad you made it out ok!

Wowsers. You've got some ninja/kung fu skills by the sounds of the moves you did. I read it slowly and have no clue how I would have handled myself in that same situation.

Anyone who is a motorist has made an accidental bad move at some point. But to hit a person and take off?! That's really really bad. I was siked to hear the police was witness to the whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom