Car-spotting thread

How do they handle repairs? Can you put it back in the vending machine.
I lol'd

I thought this was an interesting comparison that motortrend did...and if I were @rick81721 I think id be happy with my purchase...just something about it that stuck me..
https://www.motortrend.com/cars/por...-porsche-911-carrera-s-sports-car-comparison/
2020-Porsche-911-Carrera-S-2019-Ford-Shelby-GT350-Mustang-comparison-test-4.jpg

Man, so a optioned 911 S...not a turbo (even tho it is a turbo now) not a gt3, not a gt3rs, etc...just a 911 S is $114,000 base price, $143,000 with options....and im sure its a great car and it obviously performs excellent, etc...But for $143,000...these two just seem to look a little too much alike to me anyway

2020-Porsche-911-Carrera-S-front-three-quarter.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I lol'd

I thought this was an interesting comparison that motortrend did...and if I were @rick81721 I think id be happy with my purchase...just something about it that stuck me..
https://www.motortrend.com/cars/por...-porsche-911-carrera-s-sports-car-comparison/

Man, so a optioned 911 S...not a turbo (even tho it is a turbo now) not a gt3, not a gt3rs, etc...just a 911 S is $114,000 base price, $143,000 with options....and im sure its a great car and it obviously performs excellent, etc...But for $143,000...these two just seem to look a little too much alike to me anyway

maxresdefault.jpg

I like Porsche’s, shit I want one, but they are the most over-priced cars on the planet. That $114k base price for the Carrera S gets you a stripper, no Nav even. You get more content in a $28k GTI or Civic. Most non-car people also can’t tell the difference between a 1998 911 and one from 2019. The GT350 is a performance bargain. Also cant wait to see how the new Vette compares. Have a feeling the Vette is going to, at a minimum, smoke all of the non-GT 911’s.

How do they handle repairs? Can you put it back in the vending machine.

Actually you can the first week - up to 400 miles/1 week "test drive" and return at no cost. Repairs just like any other used car - go to a dealer or elsewhere. This one is still under factory warranty

I lol'd

maxresdefault.jpg

YEah just read that - a Porsche that costs more than twice as much as the GT350 edges it out in overall scoring - what a shocker!

But the sign says "goodbye dealer".
When we get vehicles in for warranty repair, bought elsewhere. They get the earliest repair appointment sometime next year. We take care of "our" customer's needs first.

When we get vehicles in for warranty repair, bought elsewhere. They get the earliest repair appointment sometime next year. We take care of "our" customer's needs first.

Really? What kind of ridiculous policy is that? I've never taken the GT350 to the dealer I bought it from and have gotten great service.

Really? What kind of ridiculous policy is that? I've never taken the GT350 to the dealer I bought it from and have gotten great service.
Been like this at every dealership I've worked at. They feel if you drove 100 miles to get a better deal, you can drive 100 miles to have it serviced there.

Who's paying for the warranty repair anyway?

Been like this at every dealership I've worked at. They feel if you drove 100 miles to get a better deal, you can drive 100 miles to have it serviced there.

Doesn't sound like a really clever marketing strategy in order to attract new customers, I guess it depends on what is the dominant part of the business, sales or service.

Not my sand box, I just work in it.
Too late to attract new customers, when they show up with a brand new $80k vehicle. They already spent money. Now they are here for the free stuff.

Not my sand box, I just work in it.
Too late to attract new customers, when they show up with a brand new $80k vehicle. They already spent money. Now they are here for the free stuff.

Is the assumption that the customer will buy 1 car from a dealer and then die soon after, never to buy any other car?

Based on my past interactions I can see how a car dealer would assume that once a customer bought a car from them will never want to set foot in the dealership ever again.

That brings back the point "who's paying for the warranty stuff" which would make all the difference in the argument (if any to be made).

Manufactures pay the warranty, but at a lower rate, way lower rate.
Most dealers would love to get rid of the service department, and just do retail.

Service hates sales, sales hates service.
No arguments, just the way it is.

had to stop during my ride and get a good pic of this plus I wanted to know what it was.

1570731664834.png

If my Google search is correct its a 1962 Dodge Dart III wagon, of which not many were built. I am wondering what was under the hood as the suspension seemed slammed to me but then again its from 1962 so maybe its just sagging. or it could be a sleeper.

not sure if I like it cause its an oddball or its just hideous enough to like it because it can draw some attention.

had to stop during my ride and get a good pic of this plus I wanted to know what it was.

View attachment 107842

If my Google search is correct its a 1962 Dodge Dart III wagon, of which not many were built. I am wondering what was under the hood as the suspension seemed slammed to me but then again its from 1962 so maybe its just sagging. or it could be a sleeper.

not sure if I like it cause its an oddball or its just hideous enough to like it because it can draw some attention.
Drop a 440 six pack in there with a 727! And leave the patina.

Speed yellow 911s have been my jam since like yesterday, no lie! I'd even buy a sorted 996!

I've been treated equally at service regardless of purchase location (well because I mainly buy used). Warranty or regular maintenance.
Just don't go to @Dingo / buy GM?

Why would the sales hate service? Isn't service the money making operation?

View attachment 107842

Would drive.

Speed yellow 911s have been my jam since like yesterday, no lie! I'd even buy a sorted 996!

I've been treated equally at service regardless of purchase location (well because I mainly buy used). Warranty or regular maintenance.
Just don't go to @Dingo / buy GM?

Why would the sales hate service? Isn't service the money making operation?[/QUOTE
Depends on the store. If service makes money, sales would not get any of it, it all goes to the dealer principale.
Sales here, makes a lot more money than service.
Sales makes promises that service cannot keep. For example free oil changes, sales promised it but service has to eat it. lot of other stuff too.

Back
Top Bottom