Car-spotting thread

So what does that mean in terms of price? Whatever Mark up they want?
Assuming MSRP and no additional shenanigans, it seems like you could do very well on this deal. Would you be committed to trading your GT3? No markup needed if they can low-ball your trade.

Porsche Monmouth will only order you a new 911 if you have a 911 to trade and you buy a $5k Porsche Design watch.

I grilled the SM on the phone. MSRP deal. No other bullshit. No required warranties, no watch, no PPF, no nothing. PA doc fee is capped by legislation at $422. This is as good as it will get.

I don't have to trade my GT3 in, but they are certainly interested in it as they would have another vehicle to sell and make money on. But no requirement to do so or to do so early (before the 992 shows up).

Big question is will it be a 2023 (likely) and what will the MSRP increase be with everything going on in the world right now.

If I decline, I stay #2 but #1 gets another shot at an allocation first, so it might be more like 6 months later, so a spring/summer 2023 delivery. He seems pretty confident that he'll get one GTS coupe allocation per quarter.

It is hard to pass up considering other dealers in NJ/CT/CA are asking $25,000 ADM on a GTS coupe. Which is bonkers.

Everything about the GTS makes sense. New car configurable exactly how I want it, new warranty, manual transmission, more comfy, not slower in any way (on the street), highly desirable car that holds it's value well, the GT3 warranty is up in September and not extendable through Porsche. Logically it is the right move. Emotionally it's hard to give up that GT3 motor.

I was hoping to not get a call on this yet until I got a chance to see/ride/drive in a GTS. I'll be invited to a track day in the summer, but with allocations so thin I don't know that even the corporate fleet with have GTS coupes.

I think realistic numbers (today) is a 150K order and 130K trade in. That saves 10K in taxes to no-lips Murphy.

Buick T-Type!!! Ultimate undercover fast car back in the day. Looked like a hum-drum guido mobile, but nah!

View attachment 180804
I had one! ‘87 if I remember correctly. Used to park it in the garage behind the bike shop I worked at. One night after cruising the boulevard, it was late and I got lazy. Parked it in the street by my house. Next morning it was gone. Best 3 months a car ever gave me. 😢

I grilled the SM on the phone. MSRP deal. No other bullshit. No required warranties, no watch, no PPF, no nothing. PA doc fee is capped by legislation at $422. This is as good as it will get.

I don't have to trade my GT3 in, but they are certainly interested in it as they would have another vehicle to sell and make money on. But no requirement to do so or to do so early (before the 992 shows up).

Big question is will it be a 2023 (likely) and what will the MSRP increase be with everything going on in the world right now.

If I decline, I stay #2 but #1 gets another shot at an allocation first, so it might be more like 6 months later, so a spring/summer 2023 delivery. He seems pretty confident that he'll get one GTS coupe allocation per quarter.

It is hard to pass up considering other dealers in NJ/CT/CA are asking $25,000 ADM on a GTS coupe. Which is bonkers.

Everything about the GTS makes sense. New car configurable exactly how I want it, new warranty, manual transmission, more comfy, not slower in any way (on the street), highly desirable car that holds it's value well, the GT3 warranty is up in September and not extendable through Porsche. Logically it is the right move. Emotionally it's hard to give up that GT3 motor.

I was hoping to not get a call on this yet until I got a chance to see/ride/drive in a GTS. I'll be invited to a track day in the summer, but with allocations so thin I don't know that even the corporate fleet with have GTS coupes.

I think realistic numbers (today) is a 150K order and 130K trade in. That saves 10K in taxes to no-lips Murphy.
I dont know...the gts looks like a plain jane 911 to me anyway, sans fancy brakes....and its $136,000 on Prosches site....I mean if you are worried about a warranty and having to fix your gt3 when it runs out.......would it make more sense to spent the extra money (assuming you can get the same msrp deal), get a GT3...own it for the length of the warranty....better car, probably better return on investment.

1647439216594.png

personally I think your gt3 looks/sounds FAR better then this.

I know you're worried about the warranty being up, but what exactly do you expect to break on the GT3? Its not like the GT3 is a fragile car that would shit the bed as soon as the warranty is up, no? The motors on those are pretty solid, so what's the usual failure point on the GT3? I can see typical maintenance (tires, brakes, etc.) costing a little more, but its not like those 4.0 motors are blowing up.

I know you're worried about the warranty being up, but what exactly do you expect to break on the GT3? Its not like the GT3 is a fragile car that would shit the bed as soon as the warranty is up, no? The motors on those are pretty solid, so what's the usual failure point on the GT3? I can see typical maintenance (tires, brakes, etc.) costing a little more, but its not like those 4.0 motors are blowing up.
Car Shield! 🤣

Plus, a rebuild on a motor is only like $20-30k anyway. @Carson You're a porsche owner, you got dis!

I dont know...the gts looks like a plain jane 911 to me anyway, sans fancy brakes....and its $136,000 on Prosches site....I mean if you are worried about a warranty and having to fix your gt3 when it runs out.......would it make more sense to spent the extra money (assuming you can get the same msrp deal), get a GT3...own it for the length of the warranty....better car, probably better return on investment.

View attachment 180864

personally I think your gt3 looks/sounds FAR better then this.

I don't disagree. Emotionally, the GT3 is superior. No, I cannot get a GT3 allocation. Not even at $50,000 over. The list is too long and they don't build enough of them for poor people.

I would likely do the factory aerokit. But even that has been hard to get; currently it's only available on the GTS.

I have the 3.8L (991.1) but I don't expect any issues. They are pretty reliable. I have the balance of the 10 year engine warranty until 11/2024.

UPDATE:

After a long discussion with the SM today, I passed for now. I want some more seat time in my GT3 before I decide. #1 wants a car ASAP and took an eariler C4 allocation. That leaves me as #1 moving forward for a GTS coupe. So, we'll see. It will likely be May or June before this comes up again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom