Car-spotting thread

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hard to believe anyone signed off on that thing. But the M5 and M8 look great. If I was leaning BMW for the next car it'd be the M8

View attachment 156280

If you spend 150 on an M8 instead of a nearly new GT car, I will smack the gray beard off your face upon your return to NJ. That's a nice, very fast grand touring car. Not a sports car. And it's worth 50K less after the first oil change.

Last edited:

mfennell

They ship them. Mike is driving back in 2 days to meet the transport truck when it arrives. Mine will come back via auto train.
With you? My in-laws just took the auto train to visit friends and family in FL. Had a great time despite COVID-related restrictions on the train. I find it appealing (and my mom lives 45 minutes from the FL terminus of the train) but I hate the idea of randos driving my car around. Even my cheap ones, nevermind your GT350.

rick81721

Lothar
With you? My in-laws just took the auto train to visit friends and family in FL. Had a great time despite COVID-related restrictions on the train. I find it appealing (and my mom lives 45 minutes from the FL terminus of the train) but I hate the idea of randos driving my car around. Even my cheap ones, nevermind your GT350.

Yes we take 2 cars on the auto train. For us it's about 2.5 hrs from Sanford FL to Venice. Coming back it's 3.5 hrs from Lorton VA to Flemington.

mfennell

Someone street parks a Maserati convertible in Atlantic Highlands. It got snowed in during the winter and the brake rotors were completely rusted. I figure the chance that the car started without assistance after two weeks covered in snow is exactly none percent.

I'm sure there are SUVs parked on the same street that cost more than a used Gran Turismo but exposing a rare(ish) Italian convertible to the elements 24/7 seems like a terrible idea to me.

maserati.jpg

Top Bottom