Car-spotting thread

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep

rick81721

Lothar
I do not understand the allure of this vehicle. I mean, I like nice toys as much as the next guy, but I'd rather have:

a 911 GT3, a custom Air Cooled Singer 911, a Jaguar or two for dress up days, AMG 63 wagon for errands, Range Rover for casual Fridays and a half million dollar Garage to keep them in.

When they first came out, it was the first car to have 1000 hp. Now that's no big deal!

PS we saw one along with several other super cars at a restaurant in Red Bank a few years ago

mfennell

I do not understand the allure of this vehicle. I mean, I like nice toys as much as the next guy, but I'd rather have:

a 911 GT3, a custom Air Cooled Singer 911, a Jaguar or two for dress up days, AMG 63 wagon for errands, Range Rover for casual Fridays and a half million dollar Garage to keep them in.

i'm sure most of the people who own Veyrons could have all of those too. There was a car show on main street in Red Bank about 10 years ago that included 4 or 5 Ferraris owned by one guy, who also owns a Veyron. IIRC, he brought (trailered) an FXX in, because why not?

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
No, not in person. Plenty of 4-series coupes but not the M3/M4 yet.
I saw both a G80 Brooklyn Grey and a G82 Tanzanite Blue a few weeks ago when I went for an oil change and diff fluid change. The front end is 🤮, just like in the pics. Shame really since the interiors are very nice. They were both 6MT, so that’s a plus, but there’s no more manual rev matching option and they’ve done away with a real honest to goodness handbrake 🙁. I plan to hold onto my F83 6MT for a long while.

mwlikesbikes

i'm sure most of the people who own Veyrons could have all of those too. There was a car show on main street in Red Bank about 10 years ago that included 4 or 5 Ferraris owned by one guy, who also owns a Veyron. IIRC, he brought (trailered) an FXX in, because why not?
I remember going to that show. First I saw the Enzo, then I saw the FXX and my jaw hit the ground. I got some good pictures that day. I’ll put some on here when I get to my computer.

mwlikesbikes

The Veyron is just an engineering marvel W16 engine with like 4 turbos producing 1000 hp made to go fast. I love the video of Captain Slow taking it to top speed.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I saw both a G80 Brooklyn Grey and a G82 Tanzanite Blue a few weeks ago when I went for an oil change and diff fluid change. The front end is 🤮, just like in the pics. Shame really since the interiors are very nice. They were both 6MT, so that’s a plus, but there’s no more manual rev matching option and they’ve done away with a real honest to goodness handbrake 🙁. I plan to hold onto my F83 6MT for a long while.

They still know how to make a motor, though.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
About noon today on RT 24 westbound between Madison and the Morristown airport spied a gaggle of exotics together:
White Countach
Two GT3’s Blue and White
Orange McLaren
Yellow Gallardo
Grey Aston
There were others in the squadron, but I was heading eastbound and they were flying so no pics and couldn’t count them all.

Top Bottom