Car-spotting thread

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Didn’t have to look far for this one.

21 year oldest son decided he wanted to drive around in a Jeep Wrangler this summer so he found this 98 for sale with 112K miles 4cyl and bought it on his own ( I was not consulted despite all my years of car stuff ).

His plan is to have some fun driving around with it (it came with a soft top too) and then sell it sometime in July-aug before he finally gets to go on campus for college.

He’s invested in shocks and tires already since it had a horrible wobble when he drove it home to make it safe. Despite some surface rust here and there and looking a little tired, the local shop said it’s not in terrible shape for a 23 year old Jeep. And today it passed NJ inspection.

It’s his first real DIY “project” and will be a good lesson to manage expenses and deal with the ups and downs of this idea. Hopefully he can at least break even and have some fun.

Stay tuned since will be for sale early summer.
View attachment 155822
View attachment 155823

Google Jeep Death Wobble ....
Don't panic, don't hard brake....

good Dad present to congrats him would be side view mirrors that go in the door hinges -
and an American Flag fuel fill cover.
Isn't going to depreciate anymore - good for him!

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Reminds me....tuesday my coworker didnt come in...turns out the trans on his passat broke on the highway...momentary locked up the engine caused the timing chain or belt to snap.....so basically trashed the engine and trans....114k miles....So he got it towed back home....went out next day and bought another one tho. VW people just LOVE to be punished.

iman29

Google Jeep Death Wobble ....
Don't panic, don't hard brake....

good Dad present to congrats him would be side view mirrors that go in the door hinges -
and an American Flag fuel fill cover.
Isn't going to depreciate anymore - good for him!
Haha yeah we know about the death wobble thing. It’s only a 4 cyl so it doesn’t go very fast.

My present to him is for him to learn the ins and outs of ownership since it’s all in his name. All costs including insurance. If he was keeping it maybe would get him some odds and ends but at this point just letting him figure it all out.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Reminds me....tuesday my coworker didnt come in...turns out the trans on his passat broke on the highway...momentary locked up the engine caused the timing chain or belt to snap.....so basically trashed the engine and trans....114k miles....So he got it towed back home....went out next day and bought another one tho. VW people just LOVE to be punished.

Until they finally snap and buy a Camaro.

rick81721

Lothar
Saw the first Mustang Mach-E today - no pic tho. Similar to a Tesla in shape but the prancing pony on the grill gives it away

Top Bottom