134.7 KB · Views: 343
  • 155859_179915922023112_179905982024106_680123_6650702_n.jpg
    155859_179915922023112_179905982024106_680123_6650702_n.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 326
  • 155593_179916065356431_179905982024106_680124_7115835_n.jpg
    155593_179916065356431_179905982024106_680124_7115835_n.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
I didn't follow the other thread that closely. Was this built with the park's approval? I'm getting the idea that it wasn't. It sucks that this happened, but if I'm understanding this correctly, that the bridge in the first picture was done without the park's consent, it's no wonder why this was taken down.

It's a shame it was done regardless. Keep us posted for sure.

sadly nothing is built with permission more just the idea that if it is there it will be destroyed at there doing, the area just in the 1st pic is owned by 2 different bodies 1 being a county ran golf course and the other being a county run township an neither want anything to do with it, i have contacted the township an was told its the county that oversees it, so then contacted the county an told it is the township that oversees it, thats enough nonsense for me. It seems that we as riders/runners/walkers are tolerated till something happens as such what we had a few weeks ago. The riders as a group tend to take care of the area in all aspects so this is why we tend to become alittle more passionate when it comes to these things..I an many others would love to see a way to resolve these issues without losing what these trails have become.

it's you. Rode across it a hundred times, super stable no wobble at all. even with 2 riders on it a once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF7UNSbDKzM

The bridge looks solid...BUT...it is way too narrow and high to keep the park people happy. If it goes above waist high, it is gonna need a railing. Sure, you can ride it. I can ride it. That doesn't mean it is acceptable for all users.

So come clean. Did someone fall off this thing and get hurt or what? If you are are going to make the details fuzzy, you are going to get less and less support from people around here.

I don't think it is a coincidence that no one from JORBA has chimed in. It appears that this was renegade work that got removed by the park. That is what happens and should come as no surprise.

The bridge looks solid...BUT...it is way too narrow and high to keep the park people happy. If it goes above waist high, it is gonna need a railing. Sure, you can ride it. I can ride it. That doesn't mean it is acceptable for all users.

So come clean. Did someone fall off this thing and get hurt or what? If you are are going to make the details fuzzy, you are going to get less and less support from people around here.

I don't think it is a coincidence that no one from JORBA has chimed in. It appears that this was renegade work that got removed by the park. That is what happens and should come as no surprise.

the accident in question didnt happen on that bridge. I just ride there. Nobody said you have to ride across that bridge, if it's wet I'll walk my bike across. It's certainly suitable to walk across, unless your drunk. There's a few features that I won't try, I just go around. If that bridge gets rebuilt I agree it would be better if it was lower and wider. Hopefully some good will come out of this and stuff can be built with permission. I guess north jersey is different, all your trails have stuff built with permission...must be nice. As far as not lending support, that's OK.

Last edited:
I guess north jersey is different, all your trails have stuff built with permission...must be nice.

It is, quite nice actually. A lot of time, money and volunteer hours go into maintaining the trails "up here". A lot of the folks on this very forum work directly with park rangers/land mangers to ensure things are done right to benefit both the park and the people that use it. If I were an elderly hiker or a horse rider, would I want to cross that bridge? Hell no.

I understand your frustrations and assume that you or someone you know built that stuff, but stuff thats not approved gets ripped down everywhere, and it only makes the people who bust there asses to get stuff approved look like the assholes. I admit Im not the Trail Maint. poster boy, but I pay money to Jorba and IMBA to help fund the cause. Do things the right way, and more times than not your hard work will pay off.

It is, quite nice actually. A lot of time, money and volunteer hours go into maintaining the trails "up here". A lot of the folks on this very forum work directly with park rangers/land mangers to ensure things are done right to benefit both the park and the people that use it. If I were an elderly hiker or a horse rider, would I want to cross that bridge? Hell no.

I understand your frustrations and assume that you or someone you know built that stuff, but stuff thats not approved gets ripped down everywhere, and it only makes the people who bust there asses to get stuff approved look like the assholes. I admit Im not the Trail Maint. poster boy, but I pay money to Jorba and IMBA to help fund the cause. Do things the right way, and more times than not your hard work will pay off.

like I said I just ride there and don't know anyone who built that stuff. There are some people who are going to try and get IMBA involved and go thru the proper channels, hopefully things get worked out.

Have rode the bridge lots of times with no problems... People are more then welcome to walk through the canel of water that runs under the bridge if they think its unsafe like we had to b4 the bridge was there.

Well there is no park rangers or land maintence except for us volunteers. South Jersey never gets the funding that is recieved up north...

Holy crap stop harassing this guy about the build quality. There is no JORBA down there.
Maybe you haters should offer some non insulting advice on how to get that park associated with JORBA or something. But then there would never be those cool wooden features.
Good luck with the rebuild, I hope it doesn't happen again, I'd love to ride that.
Sorry for your loss.

Well there is no park rangers or land maintence except for us volunteers. South Jersey never gets the funding that is recieved up north...

It's simply not a North vs South thing. Find out who owns the land, get permission to work the trails, apply for grants, show up for an IMBA trail building class or work with JORBA, build things properly and legally. This is how every location JORBA is involved with works. At Dickerson Mine, we made a presentation to the Town Council, attended 15+ Open Space meetings, countless hours walking the property and the better part of a year and a half prior to getting permission to build a trail. Put in the time and you'll find properly build features will go untouched.

IMO that bridge just isn't safe at all. The height alone on that thing is an insurance nightmare.

Holy crap stop harassing this guy about the build quality. There is no JORBA down there.
Maybe you haters should offer some non insulting advice on how to get that park associated with JORBA or something. But then there would never be those cool wooden features.
Good luck with the rebuild, I hope it doesn't happen again, I'd love to ride that.
Sorry for your loss.

JORBA is down there. Like I mentioned previously they need to just get organized and get involved. Involved isn't simply building something, it's working with the local groups, land managers and explain what it is they are looking to do. Show them what you guys can offer, trail work, organized volunteers, signage, apply for grants, etc. Invite them to see what JORBA has done at other parks. Any of the park leads would be more than happy to provide photos of projects or any help for that matter. Just ask!!!

I have ridden ceres and anything i have been on has been solid. This was a great spot and It is a dissapointment to see this happen.

Back
Top Bottom